Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#461652 10/20/02 05:17 AM
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
Originally posted by RedSVT:
Originally posted by chrisilversvt:
sounds to me like you just don't like your svt or something...since everything can beat it and its the slowest car ever(that's how you make it sound anyway)....either your car is f'ed or you can't drive it...i gaurantee i can beat a damn camry,and whatever else you seem to put up against it that shouldn't but somehow does seem to beat yours.....if you don't like your car fine you should sell it...but i don't have a lack of power in mine....and now your wife thinks its slow too....yall must be smoking something...because apparently mine,and most everyone else's svt's on here,don't suffer from this absolute lack of power that yours mysteriously does....
Really! What give you that idea? Reread my post! I clearly stated what I like and do not like about the car, no mystery there. Why are you second geussing my feelings about the car? No where did I state that every car on the road could beat it, nor did I say it was the slowest car on the planet. Please dont try to put words in my mouth. The car is not f'ed as you put it. Again reread my post for the details. Why do you qeustion my driving abilities? Do you think I'm 16 and this is my first car? I'm glad I have your permission to sell something that I own! Thank you. Yeah my wife thinks so too. She's a gearhead also, SO WHAT! Do we need your permission for that as well? I'm glad that you have all the power you need as every good man should know his limitations. I on the other hand am not satisfied and am left wanting more power. I only stated MY experiance with the SVT, other people ARE complaining about it as well, so I'm not alone! Theres NO need to get MAD at me because YOU dont like what I'm experiancing with my SVT. Its my problem not yours, so settle down.

Even though this post has nothing to do with perfomance, I did get taken the other day on the highway by an old crappy Porshe 911. It flew up behind me, got on my *ss, then almost rubbed me going by. I gave chase but in hit my car's limiter. So what to do? Spend money on new parts - TB SVT UIM/LIM DMD Bat Y-pipe. I got 2 tech manuals on turbo design, building, installs.

I do ride my 98 truimph motorcycle when I what to go real fast.

In respones to Yeah my wife thinks so too. She's a gearhead also
A little story - I took my wife to look at an 84 candy apple red S-10 with a V-8 setup and when the guy started it up my wife backed all the way aross the street, back to the car. And that's when I knew I wasn't buying that truck.
You're lucky.

97_contour _sport Added T-red wing Cougar big brakes DMD pulley SS brake lines Ford 9mm wires 21mm BAT bar SVT motor mount ES bushings Metal water pump ST200 badges & mats ST200 UIM/LIM Cold air intake BAT Y-pipe
#461653 10/20/02 05:22 PM
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Ahhh, you are correct, our cars are very fast. They just don't get there as quick as we like...or didn't used to in my case .
I am happy with my 3L package as I am out accelerating the brand new mustang GT's now. At Fort Leonard Wood just off base, I had two passengers and I out accelerated a yellow GT mustang in all gears now! We were all waving out the window to make it worse for the guy as he quit accelerating and dropped behind me to make his left turn to the freeway.
I am more than happy now and from the way the car performs you wouldn't even know it was an SVT contour. I tell you this so if you choose not to sell or are unable to right now, then with about 3 grand (assuming you can do work yourself) you can make an even faster SVT. I am hoping to see lots more people running around with 3L's and higher compression than mine (i.e. more power than mine) whipping asz on everything below camaro ss power.

warmonger

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
#461654 10/20/02 05:25 PM
D
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
D
REDSVT, i agree with you 100% , although i hace a 99SE, i got a frients with a 2000 frost SVT with 34000 miles on it and the shame is i keep up with him no problem ,i agree the power in both of these SE and SVT are way too sickning , yeah i wish i never bought my car , BUT i ran into this forum before i bought it and i told myself WOW what a cool car ! look at all the stuff you can do to it and GEEZ these people are talking as if its the fastest car ever ! So i bought it ...Well im going to keep the car cause i still like it, i just wont dare to try and race anyone ....My car will just be a SLOW sho car LOL .......
OH and i forgot to add , i just got a new girl in my life and we just got married , well i got real embarresed , i drove the car up to Boston to pick her up and move her to Florida....Well she is from Bulgaria "by greece" otherwise EURPOE ....and she doesnt know jack squat about cars , other then it has 4 wheels ...well one day i was trying to race someone"lost"and i talked about fixing it up , body kit and so on ..she says "WHAT are you crazy ? your car isnt even fast " ......LOL she claims its not even fast adn she knows nothing about cars ...

Otherwise i can dump a sh!t load of money into it just to keep up with the other cars, but im not going to do that ..

#461655 10/20/02 05:49 PM
R
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
R
Really? If my post has'nt upset you why are you on my a$$? If you dont care why post a reply over and over? I cant help but notice that you havent smart a$$ed anyone else on this thread that has made coments along the same lines as I have. You may say you dont care, but your actions prove otherwise. I dont know where you get that I dont like anything about the car. I NEVER said that! Can YOU not read? My only negative comments were about the lack of power. I agree with you on everything else about the car! I'm glad that YOU do not have a problem with the power of your car. I however do! Sorry. Who is all these people you speak of trying to tell me they dont have trouble runing with other mentioned cars? Do you have a Mouse in your pocket? YOU are the only one here crawling on my a$$ because you dont like what I have to say about MY car. Really it does'nt surprise me that you havent read the threads about "I just beat a GT" or "Smoked a Camero" hell you havent even read this thread or you would see how stupid you look trying to say I said things that I DID NOT say. Nowhere did I say anything at all about drag racing. I have a Mustang for that as well![mines actualy a little quicker than 12 sec.] I'll say it again I love everything about this car except the lack of POWER! Did you understand it this time? Let me explain. There is an on ramp in your lovely city near the Adelphia[spelling] that is a 360 degree right hand turn in order to get on the intertstate. I MUST hit that thing WIDE OPEN in order to try and get on the interstate. Ive had to do this no less than 20 times the last year or so, and every time it has caused nothing but sheer horror to me and the wife because the car just cannot get up to speed quick enough to merge safely as noone moves out of the lane to let you out. You have to pick a spot and go for it. Going up the onramp in 3rd gear wound out just 200 RPM short of redline is not fast enough to merge in this traffic. However if I grab 4th you can foreget about it, the engine falls out of the power band and there is no way youre going to get out. You may not have this problem and I'm glad you dont, but I do and I DO NOT like it. I'm sorry that me posting MY problems with MY car upsets you so much. Your lovely city has some of the best Dr's in the country and I'm sure theres one there that can help you with your problem. You seem to have a problem with other people expressing THERE experiances with others. I'm sure the Doctors can help you with that.

#461656 10/20/02 06:06 PM
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
whatever redsvt ...and don't call me stupid because i don't agree with you about your car...i don't have a problem i am just sick of hearing your little whiney a$$ b!!ch about your car...i don't and i repeat don't give a rats a$$ about your car....and if you have problems merging on to an off ramp,then once again you need to learn how to drive....and i might add that you are totally fos if you say your svt doesn't have enough power to merge into traffic...you are sooooo fos its not even funny...maybe you can exaggerate a little more,huh.....i've never in my life owned a car that didn't have enough power to merge into traffic,let alone an svt...once again you are fos....and by the way i don't need any doctors,i am just fine thank you......maybe you should see one if you find the time between all that crack you are smoking......

an svt doesn't have enough power for you or your wife....ladies and gentlemen we have mr. and mrs. john force on our forums........please welcome them....

and try using paragraphs next time....

new,new ride! '99 svt black/mnb '95 mustang gt sold! '98 svt #800 sold!
#461657 10/20/02 06:07 PM
R
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
R
Monger I appreciate your honesty. I really do LOVE this car or it would have been gone long ago. If I do keep it there will be changes made, I dont think I'll be going the 3L route but who knows. I still have a waranty to protect and will do so until I cant stand it anymore. I do have things here in my shop to take care of it, I just havent settled on which route I'm going to take assuming I keep the car. I dont want it to be the fastest Contour on the planet. I just want the car to have enough power to keep me out of trouble with the dangerous elements that are cruising up and down our highways, thats all. I do not have this problem with any of my other daily drivers and its a shame because I love everything else about the car.

#461658 10/20/02 06:23 PM
R
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by chrisilversvt:
whatever redsvt ...and don't call me stupid because i don't agree with you about your car...i don't have a problem i am just sick of hearing your little whiney a$$ b!!ch about your car...i don't and i repeat don't give a rats a$$ about your car....and if you have problems merging on to an off ramp,then once again you need to learn how to drive....and i might add that you are totally fos if you say your svt doesn't have enough power to merge into traffic...you are sooooo fos its not even funny...maybe you can exaggerate a little more,huh.....i've never in my life owned a car that didn't have enough power to merge into traffic,let alone an svt...once again you are fos....and by the way i don't need any doctors,i am just fine thank you......maybe you should see one if you find the time between all that crack you are smoking......

an svt doesn't have enough power for you or your wife....ladies and gentlemen we have mr. and mrs. john force on our forums........please welcome them....

and try using paragraphs next time....

Why do you continue to make personal attacks on me? and now your starting to make them on my wife! Tell you what a$$munch give me your phone # and I'll give you a call next time I'm in Nashville and YOU can come show us how to do it! Since your Michael Andretti and all. I'm through conversing with you, your so damn stupid you cant see where you have proven it. You will get no more replies from me. I do not like your attitude. So go into the corner and CRY because someone is having a problem with THERE car that YOU do not agree with. WAAAaaaaaaaaHAAAaaaaaaa! Grow up boy!

#461659 10/20/02 06:33 PM
R
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
R
I know what you mean. My SVT doesnt outrun any standard Duratec Contours either. You would have thought that SVT would have breathed a little more life into the engine but for some reason they chose not to. Oh well geuss I'll have to take care of that if I keep the car. I'm lucky as I will not have to buy anything to take care of the problem. I have plenty of things in the shop to take care of that, just my time and labor. We will see what happens.

#461660 10/20/02 06:45 PM
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C

Why do you continue to make personal attacks on me? and now your starting to make them on my wife! Tell you what a$$munch give me your phone # and I'll give you a call next time I'm in Nashville and YOU can come show us how to do it! Since your Michael Andretti and all. I'm through conversing with you, your so damn stupid you cant see where you have proven it. You will get no more replies from me. I do not like your attitude. So go into the corner and CRY because someone is having a problem with THERE car that YOU do not agree with. WAAAaaaaaaaaHAAAaaaaaaa! Grow up boy!

you need to lighten up ...i wasn't making personal attacks against you or your wife...damn can't you take a friggin' joke......quit being a little crybaby...

i'm so stupid i can't see where i've proven it huh...that makes total sense moron...you are the one on here claiming an svt is too slow to merge into traffic....that's what sounds stupid to me....i never said that i'm michael andretti,but damn you must be a retard if you can't merge into traffic....but i forgot an svt is just too damn slow to merge into traffic with

and by the way biotch i am not your "BOY" either...i got your boy right here....and i am not crying either,where do you get that from???and i don't have a problem with you having a problem with your car(which earlier you stated you had no problems with it)i don't care...just quit making moronic comments that an svt is too slow to merge into traffic with...it is ludicrious....and so are most of your dumba$$ comments....

and you state that you cant outrun a standard v6 tour...and by the way svt did breathe more into the engine(to the tune of 30 horses)i can walk my buddy at works mtx mystique,by at least a car length...so once again something is wrong w/ your car or driving...

new,new ride! '99 svt black/mnb '95 mustang gt sold! '98 svt #800 sold!
#461661 10/21/02 04:24 AM
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Just an FYI, Camrys no longer have 194hp, the 2002+ V6 models have 192, not 194.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard