Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
D
(First off, thanks to whoever it was that posted the pic I'm using below. )

My shifter had begun feeling a little "grindy", so I decided to take the shift boot off and see what was up.

I noticed the the mounting screw located on the reverse lockout tab on the base was loose enough that the entire base was moving around while shifting.

(In the pic, this is the circled screw. hope the link works.)

I tightened up the screw, and the quality of the shift feel is much improved - no more sloppy shifts!

But I noticed (when looking at this guys picture of his shifter) the all 4 corners on the shifter base in the pic have mounting screws - mine only has the front left and back right screws, and is missing the other 2 (indicated by the arrows in the pic) Can anyone that has a contour (not a mondeo, as in the pic) confirm that they have all 4 mounting screws and that I am in fact missing 2 screws?

Thanks.

1999 Red / Tan SVT #1969 of 2760 Built 4/21/99 K&N, DMD, FMS Wires, ES Insert / Bushings, PF End Links 17" FSVT 5-Spokes Factory Spoiler 35% Tint All Around
D
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
D
can someone take a look at their shfter and see if it has screws in all 4 corners holding it down? thanks.

1999 Red / Tan SVT #1969 of 2760 Built 4/21/99 K&N, DMD, FMS Wires, ES Insert / Bushings, PF End Links 17" FSVT 5-Spokes Factory Spoiler 35% Tint All Around
J
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
J
I have 4 bolts holding the base in.

Ground Control Coilovers Koni Adjustable struts Sub-frame connectors Slotted rotors Carbon Fibre pads Stainless Steel Braided line KKM Intake Pro-Flow Mass-air Meter 22mm rear sway bar Polyurethane motor mount inserts
D
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by Jason Spicola:
I have 4 bolts holding the base in.

that's all I needed to hear. thanks for the response.

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
I have two also, i too thought it a bit wierd. If you can get the specs on the extra screws let me know so i can get some new ones as well

98 3.0 svt: Sold
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Likewise, I had only two bolts and they kept coming loose, so I took one out, went to the parts store (in a different vehicle) and bought two more. No problems since.

1999 SVT Contour - SOLD!!!!!!! 2003 Mach 1 =)

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard