Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
D
In Mass, they don't deduct it until you renew your policy, likewise, tickets don't begin counting against you until you renew the policy. One way around it is to cancel the insurance and start the policy over again with another ins company. Probably not worth the hassle though

H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
wait. what am i doing wrong. i called my insurance company and asked what the insurance drop will be (i'm 25 next month). they said nothing. drop happens at 30 or if i get married. wtf!!

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
In Mass the insurance drop occurs after 6 years of driving. However, maybe there is another drop when you're 25.

- Zack WANTED: T-Red HEATED Side Mirrors FOR SALE: 4 14" Alum Alloys and Nearly New Avid H4s Tires w/ Center Caps 2000 T-Red SVT 1995 LX V6 MTX (RIP)
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
i pay 850 for the SVT and 900 for the G20. (and 350 for the BGT)

and you're right, being 25 doesn't mean anything unless you got your license when you were 18. in that case, you'd have had it for 7 years and you'd get a discount. i also have another step to drop. i should finally be at a step 9 by next year...

For Sale: - Sony PSP with a Baseball 2k6 and the movie Crash. $100 - 1973 Karmann Ghia Convertible w/ Auto-Stick. Needs Restoration. $1200 OBO
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
I'm in the same boat... I'm at step 10, and, have years of driving under my belt... still paying some pretty high insurance rates!!

1998 SVT Contour Silver Frost for sale in Classifieds.
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Insurance is the biggest racket going. I hate friggin insurance companies. I think if you own anything that needs to be insured, you are paying for the aftermath of 9/11 or some hurricane from 10 years ago or some wildfire/volcano/tornado from the past. I'd like to see the actuarial tables they used to generate some of the rates they charge. Like I learned a long time ago studying mathematics: "There are lies, damned lies, and statistics". I think you should have to get an IQ test when you renew your license. I'm sure that stupid people account for much higher risk than smart people.

Doug 2006 Mercury Milan V6 Premier Dark Blue Pearl Former owner of a 2000 SVT Contour
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
i seriously think you should have to take a driver's test every 5 years until you're 65. then, every two years until you're 75, then every year after that.

i also think that all drivers should take a certified driver's safety course before they turn 30.

i also think that basic knowlwdge of how a car operates and how to properly maintain it should be questions on the driver's exam. and exam questions should get harder with additional years of experience. maybe even with computerized driving simulators to give people actual grades on their driving techniques. these grades would then raise/lower your insurance rates accordingly. so insurance is based on an individual's likelihood of an accident rather than ASL....

For Sale: - Sony PSP with a Baseball 2k6 and the movie Crash. $100 - 1973 Karmann Ghia Convertible w/ Auto-Stick. Needs Restoration. $1200 OBO
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Originally posted by baco99:
and exam questions should get harder with additional years of experience. maybe even with computerized driving simulators to give people actual grades on their driving techniques. these grades would then raise/lower your insurance rates accordingly. so insurance is based on an individual's likelihood of an accident rather than ASL....

Yeah, but then I would actually drive the speed limit on the simulation exam, and be at a much lower rate than I probably should be

- Zack WANTED: T-Red HEATED Side Mirrors FOR SALE: 4 14" Alum Alloys and Nearly New Avid H4s Tires w/ Center Caps 2000 T-Red SVT 1995 LX V6 MTX (RIP)
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  baco99, frenchblueC2_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard