Next Thread
Print Thread
#455876 10/10/02 03:18 AM
W
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
W
As the subject states, I have worked out a deal with someone who is selling their SVT to swap out his Borla with Hi Flow cat and SHO Y-Pipe for my stock setup (and some cash of course )

Are there any type of gaskets on the exhaust that need to be replaced (doing it ourselves)? Any tricks or tips that might make the swap any easier?

Thanks in advance...

Whitey 99 Blk/Tan SVT DMD (and love it!) SCA CAI w/ KKM Borla Catback SHO Y-Pipe and Hi-flow cat
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
The only gasket is the one in the flange between the cat and the cat-back. Cuppla bucks from a local dealer. Otherwise, you should be able to re-use the exhaust hangers and such.

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
W
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
W
RogerB,

We will be swapping from the Y-Pipe all the way back, so should not be necessary, right?

Whitey 99 Blk/Tan SVT DMD (and love it!) SCA CAI w/ KKM Borla Catback SHO Y-Pipe and Hi-flow cat
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Well, maybe not, but that seems like a pretty large and heavy thing to move all as one piece. Whatever you think is best, because I've never done that.

I'm not sure what the connection is like in front of the cat, either, as to whether it has a gasket.

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
W
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
W
Well the swap is done! Actually, the seller had his original exhaust so now I have a stock setup sitting at my house.

No gaskets needed since the connection from the Y to the manifolds is a ball type connection. I can't believe how heavy the stock setup is, between the new Y-pipe, the cat and the Borla it has got to be 1/3 the weight (did not realize it would be that big of a difference )

Oh my god what a difference, I still don't believe that it is my car making those noises an tearing up pavement

The only issue I have is that the tips are too snug and are resting on the top of the rear valance cutouts. Anybody else have this issue? Any suggestions for adjusting it? I don't want to ruin it by trying to bend it or put too much pressue on the tips, etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard