Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
This is my first post, and I just want to say thank you -thank you to this forum. It's awesome.

My car refused to idle yesterday. It would run only so long as the throttle pedal was pressed; as soon as I let up = stall.

Then, I looked in my Haynes manual for ideas. No frickin' help there whatsoever. Next step: this forum (the archives actually). I found info about the idle air control valve, it made sense, I replaced it today, and voila! Problem solved.

Anyway, the Ford/Motorcraft Part # reads:
CX-1881
xs2z-9f715-bb

Hope this helps someone else. Thanks again!

G
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
G
Another victim of the moose is saved! This forum is the best thing out there for Contour owners, the dealers are sure not any help

GalaxyEng 95 SE MTX Electric Red 2001 Corvette Z06 Torch Red/Z06 black 2000 Lightning Red 2003 Jeep Liberty Yes, I like Red Cars!
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
Just curious,

How much did ford want for a new IAC?

thanks

S
OP Offline
S
Uhem . . . $72.66; $76.84 with tax.

None of the local discount auto part stores were even capable of ordering the part. But NAPA could have got me one in 3 days for ~$4.00 less (big deal).

Of course, the new part DOES NOT come with a gasket, and my old one fell into the engine bay somewhere never to return. RTV to the rescue!

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Thats cool ! , i agree its a good thing to belong to a forum like this , so fat i have done a LOT to my car cause of this forum , Exhaust , on list for body kit , mesh grill , indaglo gauges ......list goes on ,.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard