Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Swazo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
...........after having my Hybrid Clutch and SHO LW Flywheel installed. My ceramic / organic material disc engages silky smooth! The organic material is bonded to a steel substraight to give it additional strength against bursting and tearing. The ceramic side gives it bite for the launches that I'll need later on when I have a transmission that can handel it. It also has a sprung hub to dampen input shaft vibrations. ( I can get these for any of you for $350, That's PP, Disc, Slave Cyl, and alighnment tool.)
But now my clutch problem is fixed, my transmission problem has begun! Now getting back from the shop it grinds going into 2nd. It was filled w/ the ford recommended ATF with the addative, and then bled....so it has to be the syncro's (IMO).

Looks like it's time for a bulldog! But does anyone have any ideas on how to limp this POS around until I can get ahold of one from HMS? I just want some other opinions other than my own.

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
I would have went through the tranny when you had it out the first time to save money. I am jealous of that clutch setup.

98CSVT specII yada yada yada 95 Mustang GT M&M road&track box HP stage one 60-mm
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Swazo,
any significant gains from the SHO flywheel? Like it? Recommend it?? I want to get this clutch!!! I need to find cash fast, that corner store looks pretty enticing right now. .

S
Swazo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I can notice reving it, but I haven't gotten on it....I want to break in the organic side of my clutch right before I give it any real power. It spools up way faster though, and I can't wait to get around 500 miles on it.

Yeah, yeah, hind sight is 20/20.....but I should've known that these tranny's are candy a$$ed and to do it. But now I HAVE to get a good transmission. (OH NO! )

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Try double clutching it when you shift into second otherwise try shifting it really slowly or bypass second and go right to third. Not good for "racing" but it will get you around town

S
Swazo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Yeah, I'm trying to just get this swiss cheese tranny to last until I can get a better transmission, no racing until then...........
Thanks for the advice

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard