Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Hi, I noticed some people on here have painted there grills rather than replace them with mesh. I personally like the design of the stock grills and I would like to go the way of painting them. instead of replacing them. I just have a few questions. The top grill in the front doesn't seem to be removeable, it has some sort of pieces of metal holding it to the trim ring. If it's not removable, did you guys just tape off the trim ring and spray the grill? The bottom grill and the rear grill I haven't even looked at yet, are they removable? How do you go about painting them? Also, what brand or kind of paint should I use? Should I spray it with clearcoat afterwards? Thanks for any help all of you can give me. Vinny

Vinny 2000 T-RED CSVT MODS: 18" REV model 2 ST200 struts/Roush springs CTA intake Pipe/K&N Filter Dtec Heatshield Optimized TB True Duals w/ magnaflow mufflers/resonators
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
The front grill you have to tape off. The front lower one is removable but is a bit of a pain in the butt. The rear one comes off in minuts. I used plasticoat paint from your local auto parts store, just look up the paint coad in ther book and by some clear and really coat it well to stop chipping from rocks from the road. Check out my car in picks and vids 1999 svt #31.

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard