Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#6727 04/02/02 04:59 AM
M
Moe Offline
M
Tommyboy,

if you're still having trouble importing the timeslip as you say, email it to me and I'll post it.

You have to understand where we're coming from. You have all of 20-some posts, been registered for a month, and are not backing up what you say you ran. I understand that you were asking for help with a broken tranny, but when you say you run a certian time with no proof, you open up a whole new can of worms. A pic of the time slip would shut us up wink

-- Mike (Moe)Lester --
98.5 SVT #5486
moesvt@comcast.net
Get your a$$ on IM and stop wasting bandwidth!!!!!!
#6728 04/02/02 08:28 AM
G
G
The same thing happened to me, and I ended up paying a trasmission place 1,700 to have my differential rebuilt, cluch replaced, and have my flywheel resurfaced. What I should have done is bought a quafe, bought an unorthadox racing cluch, and a new flywheel. That way I'd be sure about the performance strains on the tranny.

#6729 04/02/02 05:13 PM
R
R
Quote:
Originally posted by Moe:
Tommyboy,

if you're still having trouble importing the timeslip as you say, email it to me and I'll post it.

You have to understand where we're coming from. You have all of 20-some posts, been registered for a month, and are not backing up what you say you ran. I understand that you were asking for help with a broken tranny, but when you say you run a certian time with no proof, you open up a whole new can of worms. A pic of the time slip would shut us up wink
He's not ever going to post it. He is, instead, going to post irrelevant magazine stories about mustangs.

I officially am calling this BS.

Kharma is very real and she is one mean b!tch.
#6730 04/02/02 05:24 PM
T
T
Jeez guys, are contours so slow that we have to give the guy tons of grief 'cause he blasted a mid-14's run? Maybe his car is "healthy" from the factory. I was under the impression that the SVT's ran 14.9's with a decent driver, so a 14.6 with the correct environmental & track conditions isn't so hard for me to believe. The 60-foot time isn't bad for a low-torque front drive car, and getting out of the hole well is the most important thing. I believe it. Who's going to brag about a damn 14.6 anyway? If you're going to fib, fib big. Say you blasted a high-12 nitrous run. Cadillacs run 14.6's, for chrisakes.

Black/Beige '99 SVT Build #482. Shaved emblems & door dingers
#6731 04/10/02 02:19 AM
S
S
Quote:
Originally posted by AirKnight:
Consider the other best time of a basically stock SVT was 14.72 (the one on modularv8.com), I don't think it's too much of a BS.
I hate to bring this up again and drag it into the ground, but that is me in the video. At the time I was running Borla cat back and a open K&N filter with silencer removed. I also had my drag radials on for the run. As for the launch, I did a 3500 slip of the clutch, (which by the way, finally gave out on me), holding the rpm no lower than 3500.

Now Tommy, my question, is if you have a timeslip, then show it and shut everybody up, including me. If you don`t, just ask for the help with your car, and move on. I had proof of it. Video, witnesses, you name it. Just prove it and we will all go on our marry way. I just read the Re:3 grand launch and had to find the orginal post to see where everyone is coming from.

The bottom line here, we all like our cars and don`t mind helping others out, but when you say you are running items in your car, with no proof, people here are going to call you on it. If you have proof, show it. I think most people would agree with me on this.

14.72@ 92.6 mph
www.modularV8.com

"CLUTCH KILLER" and also recently known as the DRIVETRAIN KILLER
#6732 04/10/02 03:13 AM
T
T
at least he removed the "resignator" laugh

Todd Christ SVT Contour Registry
MODS: KKM Intake, SHO Shop Y-Pipe, Bullit Fuel Door, Edelbrock RPM Resonator
'98 E0 SVT Contour #1037 of 6535
#6733 04/10/02 12:23 PM
S
S
Quote:
Originally posted by Toadster:
at least he removed the "resignator" laugh
I seen that. wink

14.72@ 92.6 mph
www.modularV8.com

"CLUTCH KILLER" and also recently known as the DRIVETRAIN KILLER
#6734 04/10/02 12:40 PM
T
T
Give him a break guys...his trans is toast and having to ship it to us for repair...count your blessings...your diff could be next..!!!!!! :rolleyes:

V6 MTX
'Don't p**s up my back then tell me it's raining!!!"
'Its only nuts & bolts!'
'If I build it,fix it,upgrade it or modify it...MAYBE they will come....!
Haines Motor Sports Inc,
Dealer for 'Quaife America' & 'Autotech Sport Tuning'
SOLE USA Dealer for the American Axle 'AUSSIE BAR'...
Get a Turbo for you Zetec from HMS Inc...by 'The Demon' ...www.DemonDynamics.co.uk
..don't talk about it DO IT !!!
#6735 04/10/02 01:43 PM
S
S
Quote:
Originally posted by Terry Haines:
Give him a break guys...his trans is toast and having to ship it to us for repair...count your blessings...your diff could be next..!!!!!! :rolleyes:
I can definately feel for him about his car. However, when someone just starts bull****ting about record runs that don't seem possible, then refuse togive proof, that deserves no break. Know what I mean. If he just said " I was full of ****, can you help me with my car?" This wouldn't have happened. smile

How's things up yur way Terry? I still need to make it to check out your shop and have a brew sometime and hear some of the stories of how it use to be around ford. laugh

And for the record....my diff is just fine! wink

Very few of life's problems can not be solved with the reasonable application of more horsepower!
2001 SVT Mustang Cobra
My Ride
Former Owner of:
'00 Contour SVT #1931/2150
#6736 04/10/02 07:02 PM
T
T
Quote:
Originally posted by svt2000:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by AirKnight:
[qb]I also had my drag radials on for the run.
Bro, your memeory might be clouding at bit due to your recent tragedy(clutch).

You were on stock tires at Smackdown II(oct 00); you didn't put on the drag radial till last year(oct 01). Althought you did run the same time with either tires. And the video was taped at norwalk so you were still on stock tires then.

Sorry, just have to clear something up. Later.

98 cobra
12.60@108.06 NA
12.38@113.07 75 shot
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard