Next Thread
Print Thread
E
evilsvt Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
E
I just got mine from sho-shop and upon looking at it up close, the air filter is like a half inch bigger than the adapter. I called them and he said "well the part of the filter that attaches to the adapter is rubber so it will get smaller as the hose clamp is tightened". Well I know that, but a half inch seems like a little too much gap to squeeze down to. Does anyone else have any idea what I'm talking about?

we are on a mission, with overtones of extreme personal danger
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
I have it, just tighten it up, it works fine.

1998 T-Red SVT Contour #2588 of 6535 2005 F-150
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
Tightens up very easily with the clamp. No problems. Lining the bracket up was a little tough but otherwise no trouble. Sounds great!!

2000 Black SVT SHO Shop CAI Custom Mesh Grills
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Yeah ditto what the others said. Click on my sig and you can get a lil look at it. I love it...good choice.
><>David<><

1999 Chrome Yellow Mustang GT with black leather, dual chamber flowmasters, K&N drop in filter, mildly tinted windows... http://community.webshots.com/user/svtminiflea
S
New CEG'er
New CEG'er
S
I just ordered the sho-shop cold air. Replaceing the KKM. Is the heatshild work good since its not all the way around the filter? Also what kind of material it the heatshild made of? He said they were going to powdercoat it silver.

G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Originally posted by SilverbulletSVT1:
I just ordered the sho-shop cold air. Replaceing the KKM. Is the heatshild work good since its not all the way around the filter? Also what kind of material it the heatshild made of? He said they were going to powdercoat it silver.

i went to sho shop a few months ago and checked out the CAI...only part of the filter that isn't surrounded by the heat shield is the top portion which is covered or block from heat by the hood...should be a good setup

i was gonna get one but never got around to it and actually my car ran pretty cool during a summer featuring 90-100 degree days quite often so now i dont need it

99 expedition eddie bauer, 5.4 v8, k&n drop-in, 3" magnaflow catback and gas mileage that makes the contour look like a hybrid
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
The sho shop will work for the non SVT duratecs too right?

99 Mystique LS T-Red ATX Duratec Mods: Hella stereo Mods K & N air filter w/intake pipe www.sounddomain.com/id/jongordo8
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Is the cone filter that comes with the cold air setup with heat shield a K&N air filter?

99 CSVT Green/Tan # 84 of 2760 Built on Wednesday, September 30, 1998 15.376 @ 92.00 MPH Stock 75,000Km 96 Contour GL 2.5L V6 ATX 170,000Km
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
The pic on their website looks like a K&N. The intake will work fine on non-SVTs, but the IAT sensor will need to be relocated.

Scott 95 SE-2.5L ATX (Sold, but not forgotten...)

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard