Print Thread
#440195 09/18/02 09:06 AM
K
KBOOM37 Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
K
I recently replaced the engine in a newly acquired 95 contour with the 2.5 I never drove the car before engine swap and now that it is back together the car shifts hard between first and second when you give it some throttle it will actually chirp the tires and the overdrive is not engaging even when you push the console button. The transmission seems fine after that, however it does down shift a little hard and if you drive it easy you don't notice it as much so I am wondering if maybe I missed something on engine swap.Does anyone know if the contour has a vacuum module or not ? .

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Shifting is controlled by computer so a computer reset may help hard shifting. Might also want to check the fluid level and make sure it's good Mercon fluid. The atx will be in 'overdrive on' mode when the car is started normally. If you push the OD button it should disable OD and light up the dash light that means 'OD off'. A 1/2 quart of Lucas ATX treatment (Napa) in the tranny will smooth out the shifts but may only be a band aid over bigger problems.

Scott 95 SE-2.5L ATX (Sold, but not forgotten...)

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard