Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
i recently installed koni adjustables and h&r springs, before i installed them. i was hearing a metal hitting metal sound...thought it was the suspension. so i changed it out and put in the koni's and h&r's...the problem still exists. i jacked the car up over the weekend and started pounding on things with a rubber mallet....the rear tie bar is hitting the bottom of the rear spindle making the noise i was hearing, the bushing on the spindle looks shot. however ford doesn't sell just the bushings for either the tie bar or the spindle. i can't find anyone that does. and ford of course will only sell me the entire spindle @ around $197.00 a side. has anyone had this problem, and what did you do to correct it?

99'Contour SVT #1766 of 2760 pionner deh-4400 cd/xm head unit Koni adjustables w/ H&R sport springs Yokohama ES-100 225/50/R16
A
b0x @dm1n
b0x @dm1n
A
Sorry dude!
I can't help you on this one! You might try Terry or Rara!

-Andy

Andy W. The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Tie bar...do you mean the front ('U' section) lower suspension arm or the rear,single section,flat on rear of knuckle bar?

New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
yes, the bar that runs parallel to the car and,like you said, the "u" part attaches to the bottom of the spindle. there is a bushing on the spindle where you put the bolt through to hold the tie bar to the spindle...mine looks cracked or worn.....when the car is in the air, you can actually twist them enough that the "u" part bangs or pings on the spindle....i am really frustrated by this, so any help would be greatly appreciated......thanks..

99'Contour SVT #1766 of 2760 pionner deh-4400 cd/xm head unit Koni adjustables w/ H&R sport springs Yokohama ES-100 225/50/R16
G
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
G
Hey..same problem that I had. Take a look on the link to Fordspart direct...It has a schematic of the rear suspension and shows that the bushing are available. I had the rear clunk and replaced the usual bushing/links/struts to no avail...Then saw that the tie bar bushing that attaches to the chassis(mine was worn on this side) was worn out...Replaced that piece and all is quiet.....99 SVT with 46K.........I suspect most rear clunks are the tie bar bushings and not anything to do with the sway bushings etc.

New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
thanks for responding, now i know i am not alone on this!!! i decided to replace the sway bar bushings and the links and hopefully get my hands on those bushings...the link you were talking about, is that the "ford-outlet.com" link? i emailed them to ask them if the rear suspension components bushings are the ones i'm looking for...they list the sway bar bushings seperately, so i'm keeping my fingers crossed....any other info is welcomed!!!!

G
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
G
Another place is to go to www.fordpartsonline and look at the rear suspension...That is where you will find your bushings. Sway bar bushings in the rear..I replaced them at 47K only to have the old ones look as good as the new ones...It was my tie bar bushings the entire time...good luck

New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
Thanks....

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard