Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Stazi Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Just received my OBX short shifter but it has no instructions, so I was wondering if anyone had made instructions or a series of photos showing how to install the thing. I know there are some tricks to installing it, so I want to know up front.
Thanks.....

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
S
New CEG'er
New CEG'er
S
Figure it out, you're a smart guy.

M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Stazi, what ever happened to the hacksaw short shifter?

-Kurt 50% of all people are below average.
S
Stazi Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Well, it's in. I got the retainer off without breaking it, but broke it trying to put it back on - D'oh!
No matter, I just broke off the rest of the "fingers", reinserted the retainer and then held it in place by twisting a wire around the exposed groove on the shaft so it could slide out of position.

Now let me say that I though my chopped shifter was good...until I drove down the street with the OBX shifter. HOLY cow is 1st to 2nd short. I almost though that I wasn't in gear as it didn't "feel" right, but sure enough it was.

It wasn't too hard to install, took me about 1 hour, without instructions trying to work out how everything came apart. I realised after fighting with the bottom link that it has a release button opposite to the side the ball goes in to let it come off.

I thought the gearknob it came with looked cheesy, but once in the car, it looks nice, and I love that it's bigger than my Sparco. I just wish I had an SVT insert instead of the regular Ford one it came with. I will keep an eye open for something like that. It's about the same size as those logo key rings you can get for every car, so maybe I can find an SVT one and peel the decal off it and put it on my shifter instead.

I'll try and get the company digital camera to take a pic and post later to show you guys, but al I can say that for $69, you cannot look past this mod!

Kurt - I still have the cut shifter - did you want it??

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
W
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
W
Stazi,

Is this OBX kit something new? Is it a full swap out like the B&N is. I have been wanting to get a B&N but did not want to fork over $150+ for it. Does this also retain the reverse lock-out (I know other's hate it but I don't).

Thanks,

Whitey 99 Blk/Tan SVT DMD (and love it!) SCA CAI w/ KKM Borla Catback SHO Y-Pipe and Hi-flow cat
S
Stazi Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Yep, it's a copy of the B&M. I love it!

$69 on ebay!

Still got to get pics of it, but yeah the reverse lockout is retained and it comes with a chrome shift knob too.

W
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
W
Took a look on E-Bay and assume that that you bought the Focus kit?

Whitey 99 Blk/Tan SVT DMD (and love it!) SCA CAI w/ KKM Borla Catback SHO Y-Pipe and Hi-flow cat
S
Stazi Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Correct. It's the same thing.

W
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
W
Thanks Stazi. Looks like I found my next purchase

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard