Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
OP Offline
A
Well, an update on my problem. Had the tires aligned and balanced.. but car still makes a weird grainy err'ing noise at around 75-85MPH and has a slight vibration coming from the front of the car and alittle but I can feel on the floor. Stops after that or below that. But that's not all. When I began to accelerate from 0 to 15, and some other sporadic speeds, the engine doesn't make the regular noise I'm use to. It has an odd noise. I own a '96 Ford Contour with about 99,000 miles. Does anyone have any ideas on what this is or what I could do? I'm not a car expert, but do you think this might be from one of my spark plugs not sparking and leaving a cylinder idle?

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
The noise from the front end could be wheel bearings. The noise when you're accelerating from 15 could be lots of things but is hard to determine from the description. Is this a 4 or a V6? What does the noise sound like? Maybe it's just pinging from cheap gas... Your plugs/wires could be (are) shot if they are originals. A plug thats not firing will cause a chugging or rough running engine. A fuel filter is good to rule out as they only cost $10 and are easy to replace.

Scott 95 SE-2.5L ATX (Sold, but not forgotten...)

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard