Print Thread
A
OP Offline
A
I swear to god; that if I don't fix this thing I'm either:
a) Going to go nuts
b) Selling the car
c) Driving it off a cliff

Seriuosly guys, I need some help here?? I've actually screamed like a fuk'n maniac the other day because I couldn't take it. Even had my buddy climb in the back seat to see where it is coming from... No luck. However, I notice when someone sits back there, it goes away (passenger side).....
Please help... How can I take out the back seat or something to fix it...
Thanks in advance,
Marc

1998.5 SVT
P
P
I have the same problem. I think the bolts to hold the back seat go through the floor boards??? I am going to crawl under the car today and check it out. I'll let you know ifI find anything that'll fix it.

I've also heard something on here (or was it the mailing list) about some clips that tend to bend as they get older.

1998 Silver Frost SVT Contour born on...8/28/01[/i]
American Iron Shootout Radial Tire 2 Class Champion, Cecil County Dragway April 20, 2002
A
OP Offline
A
Please let me know what you find... I'm going Nuck'n Futs....

1998.5 SVT
S
S
Is it a rattle or rubbing type noise? I know if i don't lock the seat back closed mine makes a rubbing type noise. Check that out.

98.5 SVT#6092 of 6535 B/MNB
Born on date 5/22/98
Y2K Suzuki GSXR 750 Y/B with 140.6HP
P
P
Didn't get a chance to crawl under the car today - had some problems with my FPR, took more time to do and the car now sits with motor half disassembled in work's parking lot. Hopefully tomorrow. It is driving me nuts too!

1998 Silver Frost SVT Contour born on...8/28/01[/i]
American Iron Shootout Radial Tire 2 Class Champion, Cecil County Dragway April 20, 2002
Seat cusion of back seat just held in clips!
Grab front edge of seat cushion, push toward trunk, and lift straight up. Two vertical clips on front edge and sheetmetal hooks on both sides about middle of cushion. Biggest hassle is getting belt buckles thru the holes in fabric. Once off, trunk/gas door cable and ABS signal cable connectors visible. Factory ductapes them to floor, probably needs refresh, -also any change, beercaps, etc that you.ve lost could be rattling around down there. Good luck.

'95 Mystique LS -leather, power, Duratech, Auto frown -the wife has to drive it too!) -'89 Baby Bronc 4x4 V6, -'84 Honda Shadow
A
OP Offline
A
I will try that tomorrow....
Thanks........

1998.5 SVT
S
S
it seems as if every csvt has this problem. the only person that i know that fixed it was viet. but i haven't seen him around for ages. so i don't know if he even has his svt anymore. but basically what he did to fix it was to replace two pieces of something in the back. perhaps someone else can help with the exact part. sorry i can't help more than that. but it ended up being that ford paid for it after numerous amounts of letters and phone calls. good luck. i just left mine. didn't want to deal with it so i put some subs back there. now everytime it starts annoying me, i just turn up my music... laugh

Spec 23

99 SVT
No Mods (can't afford to void the extended warranty)
B
B
I had a rattle in the rear-passenger side proximity...turned out to be the cheap-a$$ sail panel on the door ratling. Put a piece of adhesive foam rubber on the back and reinstalled and it wompletely went away.

Nick Johnson
nick@nejohnson.com
97' Contour Sport-Blackie
96' Contour SE -Wife's Car
87' Thunderbird TC - Retired (for now)

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard