Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
$
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
$
I have a Superchip and it causes my engine to stall out and the check engine light to come on. Are Diablo chips any better? Or are there other options?

99 Red SVT Weapon R intake-Ground Control coilovers-Superchip-resonator removed****Rat Bastards stole my Si so I bought a S V T****
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Mine's great. Perhaps your contacts aren't clean on the ECU or it ins't installed 100% flush and square to the ECU, thus causing the CEL and engine stalling.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Originally posted by Stazi the Aussie:
Mine's great. Perhaps your contacts aren't clean on the ECU or it ins't installed 100% flush and square to the ECU, thus causing the CEL and engine stalling.

agree with stazi on this one.
i had the same problem - thought it was the chip.
i took the entire pcm out and cleaned the contacts - both sides - thoroughly - and it has been working fine for about 2 months now.

clean the contacts a little better. no matter how clean you think they are - clean 'em again.

Hugo ------ 98 SVT - 53k mi - SOLD 04 Mazda3 S 5-Dr
I
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
I
yeah its def. your contacts, it happens to everyone at first, then they clean them very well and walaa, its great once its running fine.

------Travis------ "I'm driving 100 on the highway, so if your doing the speed limit get the F*** outa my way"
$
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
$
Alright I will do that. The guys that put it in didn't give back that little green scrubby thing, what is that or what should I use instead? P.S. I feel like an ass for paying someone to put that thing in. I ate paint chips as a kid.

99 Red SVT Weapon R intake-Ground Control coilovers-Superchip-resonator removed****Rat Bastards stole my Si so I bought a S V T****
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Originally posted by Chris Gable:
Alright I will do that. The guys that put it in didn't give back that little green scrubby thing, what is that or what should I use instead?

Scotch-Brite. Find it in the dish soap and sponge aisle at your local grocery store. You know you're an enthusiast when you go to the local Try-N-Save in order to mod the car.

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard