Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
$
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
$
Originally posted by louisw:
Their intake stack wasn't great anyway. My car had all sorts of stalling glitches with that thing installed. The KKM with a heatshield works great, and not that expensive either.
...Can you buy that heat sheild seperate or no.

99 Red SVT Weapon R intake-Ground Control coilovers-Superchip-resonator removed****Rat Bastards stole my Si so I bought a S V T****
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
does any place sell just the heatshield? I put a K&N system on my csvt like the sho shope version and I was just wondering if I could pick up a heatshield for it. thanks
Moose

1998 Black 3L Contour SVT Sweet Home Alabama
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Go for SHO shop one I ordered one yesturday and it's on sale for $109, not $139. Good luck.

98 green SE duratec, SOLD, GONE but NOT FORGOTEN. 04 Silver STi, Lot's of Power, Some MODS
L
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
L
I think John Miks still makes them in his spare time for ~$60 apiece. A lot of people have been successful making their own also; someone made one out of an extra-wide plastic mailbox.

E0 SVT, lightly modded
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
How do you get in touch w/John Miks? I'm looking for a heatshield too.

1999 Blk/Tan CSVT #654 - SOLD 2003 Suzuki SV650s
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
You guys could just make a heatshield out of a Rubbermaid can or (as someone recently discovered) a mailbox! I'm going to build one here soon and run some ducting from the bottom of the bay up to the filter to help cooling. I agree, once the car warms up all that power is drained and the car struggles. I don't like to rev my car until it is completely warmed up, but I did the other day and *WOW*, big difference cold. It likes cool mornings also.

-Rob *Just turned over 100k @ 100 mph! 1998 Contour Sport V6 ATX w/ mods & DMD http://photobox.absoluteagency.com/home/default.asp?lackey
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
KKM, without a doubt. Lots of us used it for a long time with no problems.

Dan Acura Integra GS-R w/mods Former owner of a 95 SE
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
The SHO Shop heatshield doesn't look like much but does a good job of sealing the area between the battery and strut tower. If you do a homebrew heatshield that doesn't seal off this area, a hose ducting below to the front of the car would be required. The mailbox idea sounds interesting and should holdup to the heat since they are designed for longterm exposure to fairly high heat. Judging by what I have accidently done to tupperware in the microwave, I have my doubts to how well tupperware pieces would holdup to the heat on a longterm basis.

2000 T-Red SVT, #562/2150
E
evilsvt Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
E
thanx for everyones remarks on this topic. I reveiwed everyones replys and decieded to go with the sho-shop k&n w/ heatsheild. I'll repost and let everyone know what i think after i get it on and run it. thanx guys....

we are on a mission, with overtones of extreme personal danger
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard