Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
OP Offline
B
I currently have a bad rod in my 1997 SE V6 Contour . And I am thinking about going w/ Brad to install the engine. But what I was wondering if I were to perform this modification myself what would be required. Like would I need a new exhaust, currently I have a SVT exhaust on and I'm planning on getting an open air intake. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Austin Brobst 1997 T-Red Contour SE, Painted Calipers, Indiglo Gauges, SVT Exhaust, Drop-in K&N filter, Aiwa CDC-X207 Deck
O
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
O
Just think of it this way, the more you do the better as far as breathing in and breathing out, of course to a certain point.

Fast Cheap reliable Pick two
B
Redneck Troll
Redneck Troll
B
Either a fuel rail upgrade to accept the pencil type injectors or an adjustable FPR because the stock fuel rail and 17# injectors would run lean on the 3 liter. Outside of that, everything you have will work fine. Of course, the more work you do to it, the better it will run.

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."

Moderated by  bnoon_dup1, PA 3L SVT_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard