Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#47057 11/02/01 07:42 AM
C
Coors Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Let's get them posted so we can get the problem looked into and taken care of. Post your blown engine here
http://www.contour.org/cgi-ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=004725

I've forwared this thread url on to SVT and Ford to try and get the right eyes on this and raise awarness.

Thanks for participating.

Chad
-----------------
http://www.1dzine.com
jetski@mindless.com
98.5 SVT ? KKM Tru Rev ? Glasspack instead of resonator ? Dyno Max Super Turbo Muffler w/Brospeed 3.5" Rolled tips ? Brembo/KVR Cross Drilled Cadnium Front Rotors and KVR Carbon Brake Pads ? Blown Engine Replaced @ 41K
C
C
on this blown engine stuff are zetecs any way the same? i would really hate to think i cant corner in fear of not enough oil. i tell you i will not have this thing past 60k mile if so and im at 51.5k right now.

i feel like ive been lucky the only repair ive had to do outside of recalls is the wp, but it warped and it wasnt the impeller.

sure this thing makes weird noises in the morning and i hit the rev limiter in park the other morning thinking i had more rpms left(it was pretty fricken smooth, so dont ask how i hit it, auto with no rev gauge

ive read many stories here on this board. i got the car at 37 k wp goes out at 38k and so far ive been lucky to have nothing wrong.i drive that thing hard. wot every single day, zetec auto is slow as dirt you have to give it throttle to get it to go.

so please tell me zetecs arent or havent been affected yet.

C
Coors Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I haven't come across any Ztecs yet. It looks to be a 2.5 Duratec issue. Keep on having fun with your Tour laugh

Chad
-----------------
jetski@mindless.com
98.5 SVT ? KKM Tru Rev ? Glasspack instead of resonator ? Dyno Max Super Turbo Muffler w/Brospeed 3.5" Rolled tips ? Brembo/KVR Cross Drilled Cadnium Front Rotors and KVR Carbon Brake Pads ? Blown Engine Replaced @ 41K
M
M
Here in Europe we dont seem to get this problem in any form yet we have lots of roundabouts and often do 270 deg right handers.

Do either there is something different about your Duratecs or maybe you just dont go fast enough on the bends to keep the oil warm laugh

Actually maybe something in that. US cars have such awfully soft suspension, your cars probably are leaning at a greater angle than European ones. Has anyone with an oil pressure guage actually watched whats happens on a severe bend. My Oil Pressure doesn't budge, for left or right handers

Mad Mole
Visit Mad Moles Mondeo Madness
2L Zetec, Cams, Stage 2 head, Valve work, Powerflow, Unichip, AEM Ram, K&N, Ecotek, 75mm Lower etc.
192 BHP, Faster than a speeding Duratec!
C
Coors Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Quote:
Originally posted by madmole:

Actually maybe something in that. US cars have such awfully soft suspension, your cars probably are leaning at a greater angle than European ones. Has anyone with an oil pressure guage actually watched whats happens on a severe bend. My Oil Pressure doesn't budge, for left or right handers

Good point. Not sure why we are having these problems or what is even causing it. We can speculate but not too many people have the money or time to do testing on their own cars to see how the car reacts under different cirumstances. Nor should it be our responsibility. This is something either Ford or the SVT division needs to look at. It seems a little more than coincidence that cases keep popping up. My .02

Chad
-----------------
jetski@mindless.com
B
B
A small side note. I've been doing the wrecker thing here for motor parts. Almost every wrecker I've approached refused to part out Duratec motors. Why-because they're in great demand, due to the fact that they're blowing left, right and centre! I think we all know what the problem is, how about a fix for those who haven't blown 'em up yet?

Technical Director/Co-Owner Performance Fords-check out our new throttle body service
95 SE with lots of custom 1 off mods. All design, fabrication and installation by owner.
C
Coors Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Keep the post coming. That is exactly what we are trying to do here. Raise awarness and get Ford's attention, so this matter can be avoided.

Chad
-----------------
jetski@mindless.com
E
E
i spun a bearing at 130,000 km.

97 gsxr lotsa good stuff 4 sale
95 talon tsi awd turbo loaded sold
95 se 2.5 mtx loaded (fragile handle with care)2 motors 3 trannies
custom y with hi flo cat,custom dynomax exhaust,upper cat mod
superchip,udp,bat\kkm,proflow maf,ford 9mm wires,svt throttle body,svt intake manifold ,custom kevlar clutch,16 pd. flywheel,svt motor mounts ,svt gauges,eibachs\h&r,omp strut brace,dark chrome 16" rials with 225/50 dunlops,cwazy amounts of audio
L
L
Add me to the list.

S
S
well im offiially in the list... they told me my motorhas to be replaced and that they need to see recites (sp?) of oil changes... im not sure where they all are frown

99 svt contour
-its fast. period.
91 mustang gt
-its faster. period.
86 Buick Grand National
- its way faster, double period!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard