Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
mangler Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Girlfriend borrowed car, got sideswiped at an intersection. Front fender demolished, front wheel bent light and hood damage. Rear wheel is also bent. Both airbags went, taking the windshield and the sunroof. Not a pretty sight.

Worst thing is I am not sure if they will scrap the car, since I got a full new value insurance policy. I might end up with a jerry rigged rattle box that pulls left. Either way, I can tell you it sucks to be me. Only good point is my girlfriend escaped pretty much unscathed.

Oh, they gave me a PTCruiser to drive around. If you are thinking of trading in your tour, go test drive an automatic cruiser. You'll fall in love all over again.

Marco Tatta
98.5 SE MTX, Duratec
EGR block, fog light
fix, custom shift boot, monsterflow intake, Ecotek valve
Quasi dual cardoctor exhaust.
Hacksaw short shift, Momo race "s" carbon knob, ghetto rear strut bar, 16 inch cougar wheels with 225/50/16 kumho 712s
P
P
Quote:
Originally posted by mangler:
Oh, they gave me a PTCruiser to drive around. If you are thinking of trading in your tour, go test drive an automatic cruiser. You'll fall in love all over again.
You're kidding, right?? :rolleyes: mad

You can have my SVT if you want.. I think she's for sale right now.

B
B
I think he meant fall in love all over again with the tour. :p

Can't believe it! What would you replace it with if it is scrapped?

My dad's first SVT is for sale in Ottawa right now in case you're looking.

Black E1
J
J
Good Call Harry!
Marco, you should look into that option. She's silver as well!

Sorry to hear about the 'tour....I'll skip the obligatory women driver jokes for the moment.

(Ahem)... So, is the wedding still on? laugh

-Jeff
-"The Crazy Canuck!!"
-"Rice": Anything that looks faster than it really is...

My Ride! http://members.sounddomain.com/sideoftheroad
E
E
Not so fast on the SVT for sale.
I'm still waffling. Yes, I need money for my new house, though the wife and I probably need 2 cars.

What better weekend driver to have than a 1998 SVT Contour?

HARRY - WHERE ARE MY GODDAM MAGAZINES??
I'm assuming you have been in town, and that arthritis has crippled your dialing fingers...

1998 EO SVT, silver frost, stock
2002 Ashcroft Homes Albany model, that's why the SVT is stock!
B
B
Ray,

You'll have to come with us to Montreal this Saturday and pick them up at the meet.

Don't miss this whatever you do!

H-Dog

Black E1
M
mangler Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Yeah, I meant the tour.

Certainly not the PTCruiser, or the girlfriend :rolleyes:

That thing is a slug. I'm thinking of trading it in for something else, cause its damn near dangerous its so slow. Plus its gotta be the poster child for body roll...

Marco Tatta
98.5 SE MTX, Duratec
EGR block, fog light
Hacksaw short shift, Momo race "s" carbon knob, ghetto rear strut bar, 16 inch cougar wheels with 225/50/16 kumho 712s
S
S
Quote:
Originally posted by mangler:
Girlfriend borrowed car, got sideswiped at an intersection. Front fender demolished, front wheel bent light and hood damage. Rear wheel is also bent. Both airbags went, taking the windshield and the sunroof. Not a pretty sight.

Worst thing is I am not sure if they will scrap the car, since I got a full new value insurance policy. I might end up with a jerry rigged rattle box that pulls left. Either way, I can tell you it sucks to be me. Only good point is my girlfriend escaped pretty much unscathed.

Damn, Marco! I gots dibs on the Cardoc exhaust! wink Glad to here your g/f is ok, but the poor 'tour...don't pull the plug yet. Just think, if the total it out, you can buy it, and make a monster machine out of it! Turbo 3L!

Chris
NJ
98.5 SVT Silver Frost w/Frankentrans
carsla AT optonline DOT net
S
S
Quote:
Originally posted by Pascal:
You can have my SVT if you want.. I think she's for sale right now.
Really?!?! Still having electrial problems, Pascal? If you want to venture a trip back down here, my dealer should finally be able to fix it. They have been pretty good for me, for pretty much anything I've thrown their way. They even offered to fix my oil leak from the aftermarket sender.

Chris
NJ
98.5 SVT Silver Frost w/Frankentrans
carsla AT optonline DOT net
M
mangler Offline OP
OP Offline
M
For those who care, I got the damage on the car : 7000$. They are not totalling it. Very far from it. Now begins the fight with the nickle and diming insurance company. Can you believe the car was hit in the driver front wheel, enough to destroy the fender, yet they did not put a new cv joint in the estimate? Can you say strange noises in 10000kms? eek

And I am real worried the driveshaft pushed in some internal parts in the transmission, and that I will have gear alignment issues later on.

They also say the sunroof has a safety plastic pin that breaks when the air bags deploy, and that this is used as a fuse to protect the mechanism. I'm still skeptical about this. Don't want sunroof issues. Squeaks are enough as it is.

Marco Tatta
98.5 SE MTX, Duratec
EGR block, fog light
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Gerald_dup1, mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard