Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
B
OP Offline
B
Just talked to Keith at street flights and the non svt engines even with lower compression was only able to pull a 269hp to wheels. He said the car can't breathe up top like the SVT due to the cam lap is less.

So the svt will rule the forced induction thus far I guess until someone get 3.0 liter with svt cams in there with fair compression it will be monster.

I hope that everyone pulls through on the down payments so we can get this production going quick. wink

99 SVT #198
Blk/blue
Grizzly clutch
Phantom Grips
K&N open
Resonator removed
BAT 22mm
15.4 @89mph
P
Master P
Master P
P
Quote:
Originally posted by BurritaSVT:
only able to pull a 169hp to wheels.
Please say this is a typo!

B
OP Offline
B
remember this is first dyno and there rpms are also lower

The original svt without ice ran like 270 to wheels

I don't know for sure if he ran ice to the intercooler but this is still more than the s/c and tons of torque.

I beleive from talking to him he will most likely hit the 280

I also believe someone should try some non-svt pistons on a svt to see how lower compression will work with good flowing heads/

oH I JUST REALIZED THAT IT'S WAS TYPO SORRY

iT'S 269 TO BE CORRECTED

99 SVT #198
Blk/blue
Grizzly clutch
Phantom Grips
K&N open
Resonator removed
BAT 22mm
15.4 @89mph
S
S
o sweeet

95 SE Champagne Mettalic
True Dual exhaust with X pipe and Redline mufflers
KKM Tru Rev intake
H&R Springs/KYB struts
Apex-i S-AFC
65mm Throttle Body
17" Ace Spades
4 Pt Racing Harness
Window Tint all around
New Engine @ 117k kilometers
G-Tech: 15.6 @ 91.5 MPH

"you officially kick ass"
quote from awed CEG'er after i chopped my hood and threw on scoops

RIP 98 SVT silverfrost *nov 4 2001*
O
O
I assume this is Street Concept's car we're talking about, right? Wasn't he putting down close to 240hp with NOS? Is there more work to be done, or is this the final number for his car?

K
K
With 8psi and standard Duratec cams yes it is. He only hit 219 with nitrous and that is only when he sprayed. The turbo is always on.

If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?
D
D
Quote:
Originally posted by Officer Cartman:
Is there more work to be done, or is this the final number for his car?
You may not have meant it this way, but in light of other's who don't seem impressed either...

That's basically doubling the stock power output.

What turbo or S/C kit adds 350-400HP (by itself) to a LS1 I ask. Noting remotely close. The S/C adds ~150HP to it (funny how the turbo kit adds that same 150HP to only 2.5L) and it starts with ~350HP. A mere 40% increase compared to this kits near 100% increase...

...and while I'm on the rant wagon...

Who really cares about nitrous. It's a cheap, Temporary way to get a nice power increase for a Very Short period of time. Unless you live at the drag strip it is pretty worthless IMO. I would much rather have a power enhancer that is always available and never is depleted.

Gee "maybe" 60 seconds of nitrous and I'm a slow slug again or I'm fast continously... Not a very hard decision at all in my eyes...

2000 SVT #674 - Check it out!

Whoever coined the phrase; "If it ain't broke; don't fix it" ~ Just doesn't get it...
S
S

95 SE Champagne Mettalic
True Dual exhaust with X pipe and Redline mufflers
KKM Tru Rev intake
H&R Springs/KYB struts
Apex-i S-AFC
65mm Throttle Body
17" Ace Spades
4 Pt Racing Harness
Window Tint all around
New Engine @ 117k kilometers
G-Tech: 15.6 @ 91.5 MPH

"you officially kick ass"
quote from awed CEG'er after i chopped my hood and threw on scoops

RIP 98 SVT silverfrost *nov 4 2001*
B
B
Quote:
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Officer Cartman:
[qb]Who really cares about nitrous. It's a cheap, Temporary way to get a nice power increase for a Very Short period of time. Unless you live at the drag strip it is pretty worthless IMO. I would much rather have a power enhancer that is always available and never is depleted.

Gee "maybe" 60 seconds of nitrous and I'm a slow slug again or I'm fast continously... Not a very hard decision at all in my eyes...
i prefer both.

but i think i will rant a little too... why would you dump ice in the intercooler for dyno runs?!?? if you are going to do that you might as well add nitrous to the setup as well so you can really get accurate street numbers. dont you think customers want to know what they are going to be putting down on the street, in normal driving conditions? not what a "optimal condition" engine is putting out.

i am offically a troll... so take my information and advice with a grain of salt.

08/15/2001 - 11/05/2001 : 1999 Ford Contour SVT : 170fwhp - 147.9 fwtq
07/17/2001 - __/__/____ : 2001 Roush Mustang GT Stage 1
11/05/2001 - __/__/____ : 2001 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning
S
S
I have a custom kit en route from Nitrous Express that will purge c02 onto the front heat exchanger basically doing the same thing adding ice to the tank does. This will be controlled by steering wheel mounted buttons on the HP Racing Steering wheel I have coming.

The power difference is amazing when driving the car. It sounds great and really hauls ass. 5th gear pulls harder than any gear did prior to the turbo. I never had to downshift to pass on he highway on the 2500 mile trip home. I had a Ford Escape that kept coming up on me and I'd let it get to my rear bumper and just gave it some throttle and I pulled away from it like it was stopped. This Escape must have attempted 25 passes on me at 90 mph in OK.

I could not get anyone else to bite though the whole way home. As soon as they heard the turbo spool they backed right off.

As for reliability I would have to say the trip home went flawless. The car saw 26 hrs straight of ~85 mph driving minus gas stops and temperatures are the same as they were normally aspirated.

Fuel economy actually went up to 28mpg from low 20's.

I have to really praise Kieth and Chris for all their hard work on this kit and thank them for the countless hours and the strive for perfection. These guys really did things right on this kit and put the work, sweat, and time into making this kit a reality.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard