Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
chavez Offline OP
OP Offline
C
So much for work tommorow. Drove the car last night and parked it at 10:30pm. Got in it this afternoon and the engine would turn over fine but it just wont start. I cleaned the battery connections anyway since they did have some corrosion on them. I also checked every fuse I could find. The fuel shutoff switch is not tripped from what I can tell and I can hear the pump fire up for a few seconds when I turn on the key. I have a check engine light come on with the key and it does not go off while tring to start it. I think it's supposed to go off in like five seconds whether you start the car or not right? Any ideas? I haven't pulled the plugs to check for spark yet. I read also might be the fuel filter. How do I verify that fuel is reaching the motor?

K
K
make sure your crank position sensor is pluged in,if it is its probly the fuel pump

C
chavez Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Where is the crank position sensor? I pulled a plug wire and stuck another spark plug in the end and held it to ground and didn't get any spark.

Q
qaz Offline
Q
The crank position sensor is on the accessory-belt side of the engine, near the crankshaft. You'll see it, it has 2 or 3 wires going into it and is bolted into the side of the engine (actually the timing chain cover).

Brian

K
K
i would say your not getting any spark,which means you crank sensor is not plugged in or bad.

C
chavez Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Update. I just went out to the car to look for the crank position sensor and found it to be connected firmly. I reached down and pushed on it in all directions. The car started right up :rolleyes:. I don't think it was playing with the connector that did it but I could be wrong. Will a nonexistant sensor reading cause the ingnition to shut down? Also there is no CEL showing. Thanks for the help so far. I just hope it starts tomorrow morning.

J
J
water in the gas?

try disconnecting the battery for a few secs. then reconnect and see what happens.

problem happened to a friend of mine 99 se V6. turned out to be a failed PCM.

"careful man, there's a beverage here."
e-mail: boseraq@hotmail.com
aol IM: madhat1412
No position sensor reading, no nothing. It is the reference for everything from ignition to fuel. Timing is everything....
Worst kind of problem to locate. A friend has a Ranger that throws a position sensor code every few months but it keeps going. I told him to replace it because it will probably fail for good one day. It left a memory code in the PCM.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard