Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
T
T
Not a lot of hood clearence for an adaptor plate guys.... wink when you 'stack' the package & tolerances....

V6 MTX
'Don't p**s up my back then tell me it's raining!!!"
'Its only nuts & bolts!'
'If I build it,fix it,upgrade it or modify it...MAYBE they will come....!
Haines Motor Sports Inc,
Dealer for 'Quaife America' & 'Autotech Sport Tuning'
SOLE USA Dealer for the American Axle 'AUSSIE BAR'...
Get a Turbo for you Zetec from HMS Inc...by 'The Demon' ...www.DemonDynamics.co.uk
..don't talk about it DO IT !!!
C
C
Quote:
Not a lot of hood clearence for an adaptor plate guys.... when you 'stack' the package & tolerances....
Here we go again......

What are the hood clearances?

How much room are we off by?

Is it different on a Cougar than on a Contour? (I have hear that the Cougar has more clearance)

Who makes these plates?

Do I need to get plates made?

Like i said, I am willing to spend the time/money to do the PROPER research about getting parts made/adapted for use on our engines.

Nikolas

1999 Mercury Cougar V6
KKM Intake,SVT TB, SVT Upper/Lower, 19lb injectors, Diablo Chip, MSDS Headers, Custom Exhaust, B&M Short Shifter, Progress Lowering Springs, 18" Axis TC's, OMP Strut Bar, AAM 24mm Rear Sway Bar, Koni Struts

15.09 @ 91.54(corrected, pre-SVT conversion, DiabloChip, and Injectors)
T
T
Whats with the 'here we go again...., get off your butt and take measurements yourself!

V6 MTX
'Its only nuts & bolts!'
Haines Motor Sports Inc,
Get a Turbo for you Zetec from HMS Inc...by 'The Demon' ...www.DemonDynamics.co.uk
C
C
Quote:
Not a lot of hood clearence for an adaptor plate guys.... when you 'stack' the package & tolerances....
That is what I am saying.....comments like this that dont help anyone.... Dont just say it wont work, tell us why it wont work, and give the reason why. How are we supposed to make progress if all anyone says is it wont work? What kind of **** is that?

And why lead us around like we are a horse with a carrot in front of our face? Just tell us how it is instead of jerking us around and making this a game. You say things wont work, how do you know? Have you tried, have you measured, have you seen? I dont know if you have or not, because sometimes you dont say.

Hah...telling me to get off my butt! right.....

Im just in search of the truth, if i dont have the means to do it myself, i ask questions. I ASSUME that if i get an answer, it will be thorough and informative, but i guess i shouldnt ASS U ME

Nikolas

1999 Mercury Cougar V6
KKM Intake,SVT TB, SVT Upper/Lower, 19lb injectors, Diablo Chip, MSDS Headers, Custom Exhaust, B&M Short Shifter, Progress Lowering Springs, 18" Axis TC's, OMP Strut Bar, AAM 24mm Rear Sway Bar, Koni Struts

15.09 @ 91.54(corrected, pre-SVT conversion, DiabloChip, and Injectors)
T
T
I know the 'truth' because I was part of the Ford team that packaged and built the 400+ Contour prototypes,I dont need to explain the why & how to you, if you don't like it find out your on info OK..!

V6 MTX
'Its only nuts & bolts!'
Haines Motor Sports Inc,
J
J
I have done it and it is working well.
I wanted to keep the svt UIM/LIM cause i like the dual stage intake system. Witht the newer 3L the dont have the dual stage. email me
jiako@aol.com

jiako|98 svt silver|kkm true rev|18" Enkie RS5 wrapped w/falken GRB FK451 215/40|Mesh grill|
Sony headunit|Boston Acoutics (4)5X7|Memphis 1100 amp|(2) JL 12W3|KVR X drilled rotors|35% tint|2.25" True Duals w/ Magnaflows| kkm pedals|LSD|Fidnaza Flywheel|Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch|FMS wires|Konis/Eibach|ESP bushings and Mounts|75MM PRO FLOW|DMD|Aluminum shifter & E-brake handle|SAFC|HID's and a few more cc's 196.1 and 183.4
T
T
I think you have either 2.5 or early 3.0 heads,so its not a problem...

V6 MTX
'Its only nuts & bolts!'
Haines Motor Sports Inc,
J
J
no i have 01' 3L heads with oval ports. I had to hog out the heads and then i made adapter plates to mate the two together.

terry what cams are they using in the st220. if they are using same as our 2.5l svt i must think that the setup i am running may be better since my 3L with no intake or exhaust was running 196 at wheels(240 crank) and the st220 is getting 220 crank.

jiako|98 svt silver|kkm true rev|18" Enkie RS5 wrapped w/falken GRB FK451 215/40|Mesh grill|
Sony headunit|Boston Acoutics (4)5X7|Memphis 1100 amp|(2) JL 12W3|KVR X drilled rotors|35% tint|2.25" True Duals w/ Magnaflows| kkm pedals|LSD|Fidnaza Flywheel|Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch|FMS wires|Konis/Eibach|ESP bushings and Mounts|75MM PRO FLOW|DMD|Aluminum shifter & E-brake handle|SAFC|HID's and a few more cc's 196.1 and 183.4
T
T
ST220 are a 'new' grind!! wink

V6 MTX
'Its only nuts & bolts!'
Haines Motor Sports Inc,
J
J
are they a hotter cam the the current svt....why is the power down compared to my 3L swap. compression and spark timing?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  bnoon_dup1, PA 3L SVT_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard