Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#404496 05/02/02 07:58 PM
R
OP Offline
R
Terry is selling a 3.0 LS engine right? is it just the block or the entire assembly? I read someone claiming on the order of 280HP/260FT-LBs. That would be worth the money to upgrade (assuming the MTX-75 could handle that).

Is it a Duratec? If not, what tech to they call it? (Just curious).

Also, how much would a transplant run me? Are there performance internal replacements for a V6 LS? SC or TC avaliable? I would be willing to put a hole in my hood to fit one of those!

Have you put in your $0.02 to save contour.org?? Put in what you can spare to keep the site up. Check the General Forum.
~~~~~~
David
* 2k Black SVT on 17" Konig/Yokohama
* MB Quart all around; Alpine 7995, DEI/Alpine amps; Dynomat

Soon to come:
19" HRE 445s under GC/Koni Setup, Custom passive-AWD kit, 2 small Sequential Turbos running low boost, Sequential 6-speed, Widebody Kit, custom black-red chameleon paint; on and on...
J
J
The 3L V6 in the LS is 220HP @ 6400RPMs and 215ft-lbs @ 4800RPMs. I'm guessing the 280HP 3L you are referring to is the one David Z is selling.

'99 SVT Contour
1298 of 2760
T
T
They are full engines with engine harness............

V6 MTX
'Don't p**s up my back then tell me it's raining!!!"
'Its only nuts & bolts!'
'If I build it,fix it,upgrade it or modify it...MAYBE they will come....!
Haines Motor Sports Inc,
Dealer for 'Quaife America' & 'Autotech Sport Tuning'
SOLE USA Dealer for the American Axle 'AUSSIE BAR'...
Get a Turbo for you Zetec from HMS Inc...by 'The Demon' ...www.DemonDynamics.co.uk
..don't talk about it DO IT !!!
F
F
I suspect the higher output numbers that RubberDuckySVT is referring to are from the 8-cyl LS engine - need that big Lincoln engine bay to get that in!
Eric

R
OP Offline
R
weak. i don't know if a couple of grand is worth just 20 or so hp and double that in FT-LBs. Seems like some decent tuning (Intake, headers, y-pipe, exhaust, chip/S-AFC, would make that up.

Does seem like there would be good performance if you tuned it, but what parts could you use? You can't very well put the MSDS headers on the LS 3.0 V6 can you? Then you would have to mate an exhaust with the same inner diameter... Seems like a lot of custom work... Too much money for me by far.

I would rather invest 6-10K in a passive AWD system with a carbon driveshaft. At least that way I could put that power on the ground (too much HP/tq in my FWD is futile IMHO).

Have you put in your $0.02 to save contour.org?? Put in what you can spare to keep the site up. Check the General Forum.
~~~~~~
David
* 2k Black SVT on 17" Konig/Yokohama
* MB Quart all around; Alpine 7995, DEI/Alpine amps; Dynomat

Soon to come:
19" HRE 445s under GC/Koni Setup, Custom passive-AWD kit, 2 small Sequential Turbos running low boost, Sequential 6-speed, Widebody Kit, custom black-red chameleon paint; on and on...
P
P
I think you are gonna get some flak for that last comment rubber... It was pretty ignorant.

Someone want to sell their SE? Email me!!
D
D
Quote:
Originally posted by profyle:
I think you are gonna get some flak for that last comment rubber... It was pretty ignorant.
Very Ignorant!

2000 SVT #674 - Check it out!

Whoever coined the phrase; "If it ain't broke; don't fix it" ~ Just doesn't get it...

Moderated by  bnoon_dup1, PA 3L SVT_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard