Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
W
OP Offline
W
As far as the cable, there is no how-to because it requires a special proprietary chip. I can only get them through my friend Steve (electrical engineer) who is 'obtaining' them from his company. I don't know if other companies make a similar chip or not. All I can say is that I was able to make this chip work.

It costs me almost $50 to make the cable because I have to get a serial cable, a usb cable, and build a small circuit board with the chip and wire it inline. The big issue is EMI (interference) so I have to use decent quality cables which cost money.
When I get a supply of chips in, I will make the cable and print up a wiring guide. I am going to sell the cables and instructions for $75 (includes shipping) which will provide a small profit for all the work that Steve and I have been doing developing this product.
I don't care if anyone posts the how-to wiring information, but I am charging for the cable and the "how-to" when I sell the cables.
I won't be able to get a lot of these chips, but as they 'trickle' in I will make more cables.
I have one more chip now that is promised to someone, and two more on the way (I wish they were cheap and easily available).
You guys who live close together might team up and purchase a cable that you can share amongst each other until I can get enough chips in.

As far as the ignition module... These are not available at this time. I will post more on this later as there are other factors in play on this.

For now, those of you who buy an eManage can use the Air Flow adjust map and the Fuel injector map.

Thats the way it stands for now folks. I have nothing else to add.

Tom

You can call me anything you like as long as it's nice.(all lies accepted)
99 Silver Frost SVT. #226 of 2760
Engine: 3.0 power!
Unique Stuff: Sunroof control module (#1 of 9)
Car Audio: Loaded and loud!
Check them out at
http://home.earthlink.net/~twilson1726
Wait, so how do you change the program in the box if the software and cables are not supposed to be available to the general public?

UBRF.org , Western New York's Premiere Automotive Forum.

Yeah, I got some bolt-ons.
Car Pics
Video of Brullen cat-back on a \'95 SE
How-to: Short Shifter for Pre-98 MTX

"heres the deal $2 grand buy in winner gets the cash and the girl and the respect. We'll race from 0 to Inf. until I win." - someone on the internet
W
OP Offline
W
You are supposed to go to the Place who sold the eManage to you and let them charge you to tune it.

Don't worry, I will have some chips soon, and then you can spend hours playing with every little feature.

warmonger

Check them out at
K
K
Are you kidding me? What a gimmick to have to pay for the company to tune your car! I thought that is why your buying the damn e-manage.

At any rate Warmonger you are the man for making this work for the people that want to venture into a e-manage system. Thanks much!

2000 Roush Cougar MTX
MSDS Headers, Rear disc conversion, SVT TB and IM, Custom 2.5" exhaust, Weapon R Dragon w/kkm MAF adaptor, B&M, NR wht gauges
W
OP Offline
W
I started a new thread under the performance section because the new issue of Sport Compact Car is featuring an RSX turbo that is using the eManage as the SOLE engine management system.
The car runs great, and get this: The RSX is a returnless fuel system.

I'll have more to post on the ignition system soon.

warmonger

Check them out at
That's what I was thinking! Why should I even consider it if it's not adjustable by end-user?! It's like getting a SuperChip, except it's bigger!

Quote:
Originally posted by kinger:
Are you kidding me? What a gimmick to have to pay for the company to tune your car! I thought that is why your buying the damn e-manage.

UBRF.org , Western New York's Premiere Automotive Forum.

Yeah, I got some bolt-ons.
Car Pics
Video of Brullen cat-back on a \'95 SE
How-to: Short Shifter for Pre-98 MTX

"heres the deal $2 grand buy in winner gets the cash and the girl and the respect. We'll race from 0 to Inf. until I win." - someone on the internet
A
A
Quote:
Originally posted by warmonger:
I started a new thread under the performance section because the new issue of Sport Compact Car is featuring an RSX turbo that is using the eManage as the SOLE engine management system.
The car runs great, and get this: The RSX is a returnless fuel system.

I'll have more to post on the ignition system soon.

warmonger
Thanks for the heads-up on the product. Every since it came out I was wondering if it would work on something else other than an import car. Well the Apex'i Super AFC works on Neons, why not the e-Manage from Greddy? Sounds good to me... You can't beat the price either.

Back in your other post you mentioned being able to control the intake manifold switch-over with the V-tec output the e-Manage provides. Well 2nd Gen Neon R/T's and ACR use a dual runner intake manifold as well and I have always wondered if moving the switch over would effect power output.

Guess we'll see in the near future. I got this and MSD's Programable DIS-2 on my shopping list when I go to open up the H.O engine.

Thanks again..

Anthony Thomas
'01 Dodge Neon R/T (stock) 15.8@87
W
OP Offline
W
Here is an update from another thread.

Quote:
As soon as I get enough chips to sustain some sort of production, I'll post it. In the meantime, I have updated my page with a link for the GReddy eManage giving some basic information, a 'how-to', and a link where all the manuals are scanned and online and there are screenshots of the software. Best you start here and read.

For those who want to know how to put it in, read up. But as I've already said, come buy your cable from me.
New Info on eManage with \'how-to\' in word format and some links.

warmonger

Check them out at
F
F
Warmonger, from your descriptions it sounds like you get a fair bit of control. The workings of the air flow and fuel parts make sense to me in principle - just adding or subtracting to the feedback signal from the MAF in order to get the PCM to instruct the injectors to put out the fuel that you really want to see - very similar to the MAFterburner and APEXI approaches. And tuning is done by monitoring the exhaust for rich/lean. But the ignition timing is what separates the GReddy and that's the part that I'm unclear about in terms of timing. What response are you monitoring as you adjust the timing tables? Is your only feedback the onset of detonation or is there something else that you can monitor to be sure you aren't putting your engine in peril? By the way, what is it that prevents you from reducing the fuel input to lean things out? Thanks.
Eric

W
OP Offline
W
Quote:
Originally posted by FoxEric:

And tuning is done by monitoring the exhaust for rich/lean.

The unit doesn't monitor the exhaust, you go to the dyno and tune with an A/F meter.

But the ignition timing is what separates the GReddy and that's the part that I'm unclear about in terms of timing. What response are you monitoring as you adjust the timing tables?

The timing signal is routed through the eManage microprocessor which calculates the time interval between ignition pulses. The map tells the microprocessor how much advance/retard to add/subtract from the base signal coming in to the eManage. Then it sends out the modified signal.

Is your only feedback the onset of detonation or is there something else that you can monitor to be sure you aren't putting your engine in peril?

The factory pcm will pull timing in the event of detonation, not quickly, but it will do it. You are better off listening for engine ping and looking at the results of a dyno run. You can see the results of the pinging as a spikey region in the torque curve, Just ask PA3Liter.

By the way, what is it that prevents you from reducing the fuel input to lean things out? Thanks.
Eric

What do you mean? You reduce fuel output by shortening the injector duty cycle. This is accomplished with the Airflow adjust map. Essentially, the first thing you do is go to the dyno and baseline the car. Then you look at your AF ratio curve and use the airflow map to lean out areas that are too rich, and enrich those areas that are lean. Try to shoot for a steady 12.5:1 across the board. Then, if there is one area that has a lean spot in it, you use the injector control map to add a few % to the duty cyle JUST in those areas, until you get it straight across the board.
Then you start to increase timing. Slowly at first you can add a few degrees across the rpm range and do a dyno run. Listen/look for pinging. When you get to where you just hear a little pinging, you can do one of two things:
1.) add a little fuel with the injector map at those spots where the pinging is heard. The extra fuel will cool down the combustion temp and probably remove the pinging. However, it may drop torque at that point so it may not be worth it. You will use the 'map-trace' feature to figure that out.
2.) pull timing back off at that point.
Above all make the changes with the torque curve in mind, not adding fuel if it drops your torque numbers.
Then you are done.
I hope that explains the process well enough.

warmonger

Check them out at
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  bnoon_dup1, PA 3L SVT_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard