Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
T
T
Plus the Cobra's interior is still not as good as an SVT interior in my opinion.

Also its NOT about cost. Its about love of the car. Why not get a 4 cylinder 4banger 1982 mustang and rip the engine and put a carb 351W and strip it. Heck it will probably run 10's all day on slicks. It will be much cheaper than a Contour SVT with a turbo but SO WHAT! If someone wants to put a turbo on a Contour and have a strong running car for the highway and street then so be it.

Also, I will say that I'm sure that a ContourSVT putting 300HP to the wheels will give a NON Z06 vette a run on the highway until it hits rev limiter. I used to have a 330HP (on the motor) Mercury Capri RS until recently. I also own an SVT with mild mods and can tell you that IF my svt had 330HP on the motor, it would outdo my Capri RS. You may say so what but I've raced plenty of 93+ LT1 vettes on the highway and once C5 from 130KM/hr to 245km/hr and he was behind 1.5 cars. We started out side by side.

The contour is NOT a drag car and nobody is building it as a drag car. The contour is a highway car.

N
N
"the SVT is prettier"

SVT EMBLEM MOD HERE

:::96:C:LX:::
Black 2.5L ATX "my beater" - Shaved ? badgeless ? SE rocker panels
:::99:SVT:C::: #2566 of 2760
T-RED/TAN "the bitçh" Brullen Cat-back w/ 3.5" angle-cut tips ? BAT European Suspension ? AFE Filter ? CnL 73mm MAF ? Diablosport Chip :MNQ3: ? Mirko front spilter ? Apexi SAFC (i'm scared to install! anyone in Norcal wanna help me?)

..::nyceboicreations.com::..
email:junkmail@nyceboicreations.com
O
O
Quote:
Originally posted by Torquemonster:
Plus the Cobra's interior is still not as good as an SVT interior in my opinion.

T
T
Plus the nice thing about the Contour SVT is that its a more attractive car and more practical. Yes its not a real performance car but if I could only own one car and it was either a mustang cobra or a contour svt. I'd chose the contour svt because its more comfortable and practical. With some mods it could get fast enough as well.

Heck gimme a LSD and a good 3L conversion and I'll stay happy smile

S
S
Being prettier or more attractive is simply your opinion. IMO, the Cobra is one of the best looking cars on the road. I love the interior, even if it is a bit smaller than the 'Tour. You guys need to stop spouting your opinions as if they were facts. Not everyone feels as you do.

"When I take action, I'm not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It's going to be decisive." - President George W. Bush

95 Contour SE ATX V6
"Cracked" Secondaries
DMD Installed
SVT Brakes
P
P
Quote:
Originally posted by Officer Cartman:
I'd hope for more than high 13s for over $5K! You can spray with a Quaife and dip into the 13s.
Now you really have to look at reliability. Spraying your 'tour is gonna leave you stuck on the side of the road, eventually. That is a sure thing. Nitrous is Very damaging to the motor, especially with the high C/R. Plus, can you afford to juice it all the time? I would spend all day going back and forth to get my bottle filled. Spray as you see fit, I am going for the Turbo kit! Just my 0.02. Full of respect for all 'tours, N/A and Un-Naturally Induced wink ...

*Edit* Page 2

Po-Jay

Ghetto Mods Galore!
Quaife-CenterForce Clutch-Butterflies Rmvd and Replaced again-Bassani Exhaust w/custom "Y"-Pipe-33% of Mystery Mod-Pro M 75MM MAF-BNoon Optimized SVT TB-B+M Short Throw-ES Front Engine Mount-Some Aesthetic Crap-
Blood,Sweat,Tears
Do I hear the Fat Lady singing?
98 E0 Silver Frost (Is there any other color?)
172HP 149TQ W/Bad A/F Mix
D
D
Quote:
Originally posted by Sandman333:
You guys need to stop spouting your opinions as if they were facts. Not everyone feels as you do.
Perfectly stated.

Now please practice what you preach for a change! :rolleyes:

2000 SVT #674 - Check it out!

Whoever coined the phrase; "If it ain't broke; don't fix it" ~ Just doesn't get it...
T
T
Quote:
Spraying your 'tour is gonna leave you stuck on the side of the road, eventually. That is a sure thing. Nitrous is Very damaging to the motor, especially with the high C/R.
Do it right, and it is not. Probably safer than most other big HP upgrades.

1999 Silver Frost SVT
#609 of 2760
Born on 12/3/98

KKM Intake
Removed Resonator
35% Window Tint all around
Tinted Tail Lights
ElKy Mesh Grilles
HID

Dyno'ed at 175.3HP/155.5TQ

"How much must I live through just to get away..."
H
H
Quote:
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
Quote:
[b]You guys need to stop spouting your opinions as if they were facts. Not everyone feels as you do.
Perfectly stated.

Now please practice what you preach for a change! :rolleyes: [/b]
haha exactly

S
S
Quote:
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
Quote:
[b]You guys need to stop spouting your opinions as if they were facts. Not everyone feels as you do.
Perfectly stated.

Now please practice what you preach for a change! :rolleyes: [/b]
Sorry, but you can bite me.

"When I take action, I'm not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It's going to be decisive." - President George W. Bush

95 Contour SE ATX V6
"Cracked" Secondaries
DMD Installed
SVT Brakes
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard