Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Scoriox Offline OP
OP Offline
S
OK here is the problem.

While attempting to start the car, I hear the starter clicking, almost like the battery is dead. However, this is not the case. The lights, radio, A/C all run perfectly when just the battery is on. OK so its not the battery. However, when I do attempt to start the car, the windshield wipers come on, even though they are turned off. I have no idea why that is happening. Any ideas? I did take my Contour in for the heater blower recall last week..

Anyhelp is appreciated.

~Matt
T
T
try cleaning the batter terminals...theres this cool brush thing I found at an auto store that cleans them very well, anything with some good stiff bristles will do the trick...I had this same thing on my old car, it clicked and the speedo jumped around, wipers went on. If the terminals are free of corrosion you may have a bad battery

1995 Ranger Splash
3.0 V6, ATX 16.925@78
SwamplandNECO
S
Scoriox Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Wonderful! Even though I stripped the nut on the neg terminal, and had to get a new one, everything works fine now!

~Matt
L
L
Here's a weird one I've had since I can remember. When I leave the wipers on, turn off the car, then try to re-start it, it won't turn over. I need to turn the wipers off, turn the key back to start then start it does. It happens most times but not always. Dealer couldn't find the problem - I've learned to live with it.

Black 98.5 SVT w/ KKM intake, 73mm MAF, ASP pulley, Optimized stock Y-Pipe, 24mm hollow rear sway bar, Magnaflow resonator, Magnaflow mufflers, Roush springs, KYB struts
T
T
glad I could help, it suprised the heck out of me the first time it happened!

1995 Ranger Splash
3.0 V6, ATX 16.925@78
SwamplandNECO
S
Scoriox Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Youre tellin me!

Sitting at a girls house, trying to start my car, and the wipers come on?? lol

I put some Navy-Grade anti-corrosino compound on it (same stuff they used on sub batteries) i prolly ownt be having this prob again.

~Matt
S
S
Dang, ain't that something. I was just about to make a new topic about the exact same thing. It happend to me this morning - in front of my fiance's house. laugh

98 SE Sport

MODS:

KKM
SVT Exhaust
Protective layer of dirt
G
G
Quote:
Originally posted by Scoriox:
OK here is the problem.

While attempting to start the car, I hear the starter clicking, almost like the battery is dead. However, this is not the case. The lights, radio, A/C all run perfectly when just the battery is on. OK so its not the battery. However, when I do attempt to start the car, the windshield wipers come on, even though they are turned off. I have no idea why that is happening. Any ideas? I did take my Contour in for the heater blower recall last week..

Anyhelp is appreciated.

LOL, This happend to me this weekend. It was too funny. I figured out it was the negitive terminal on the battery. It's was lose and it wouldn't tighten up. I have to buy a new cable. But I cant figure out why the wipers come on, but the car will not start. I guess its like the warping of the Dash that might have something to do with it. LOL

confused

2000 SVT Contour Silver

IN Process "3.0L w/Turbo"

Born In Kansas on 12/16/99
Engine Died on 6/18/2002 18,223 still at Ford as of 7/5/02

#986 of 2150

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard