Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#395416 07/20/02 06:21 AM
P
Pete D Offline OP
OP Offline
P
How is tire wear? Do you guys have to have camber kits? I'm looking for a spring/strut combo that wouldn't require one and still give even tire wear but I wanted to know what was up before I dropped the $$$.

Thnx
-Pete

Every time I come online I wonder if the forums will be up
L
L
Well I have the Eibcahs w/ BAT struts and I have normal tire wear. Nothing unusual. IIRC the BAT kit only drops your car about 1 inch so I don't think there would be any camber issues. Just get it aligned. wink

2000 Contour Zetec ATX
Hector
Mods...I got em'
"Contour grills, Contour bills, check out the oil my Contour spills."
2.SLO = 17.6 at 80mph
My profile
A
A
No camber or tire wear issues here.

Well no tire wear issues cause by the BAT kit (uneven tread.) Just eating my tires up auto-x'ing so much laugh Handling is great-get the kit you wont be disappointed.

-neal

99 SVT...modified
96 GL....the beater
"I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 14 to 15 seconds, 16 if I get tire spin, or get a bad jump, or possibly if I have a friend in the car, I'm free."
T
T
no problems here

1998 SE ATX
Dual exhaust
Body conversion
Nakamichi CD-40z HU
Sound by Crystal Mobile
Powered by a/d/s M860 AMP
My Ride
C
C
I've had my BAT suspension for 1 Year now on my 95SE and I'm mildly disappointed. My previous set-up was stock with DunlopD40s. I now have the BAT kit with lower profile Bridgestone S-03s, and much to my disappointment, the crisp turn-in that I loved so much is gone. The car also floats mommentarily in transitions so I've lost some confidence in the car and don't drive as fast. On the plus side, it's smoother over the road and it looks better because it's a little lower (if you care about that sort of thing). I suspect the struts are a little soft and the springs front/rear feel a little out of balance. Not Recommended.

T
T
I've had my BAT kit for a few months, no problems at all. Tire wear is normal and my alignment is well within the specs listed on BAT's spec sheet.

Tim
'00 SVT

R
R
Quote:
Originally posted by Carlos:
I've had my BAT suspension for 1 Year now on my 95SE and I'm mildly disappointed. My previous set-up was stock with DunlopD40s. I now have the BAT kit with lower profile Bridgestone S-03s, and much to my disappointment, the crisp turn-in that I loved so much is gone. The car also floats mommentarily in transitions so I've lost some confidence in the car and don't drive as fast. On the plus side, it's smoother over the road and it looks better because it's a little lower (if you care about that sort of thing). I suspect the struts are a little soft and the springs front/rear feel a little out of balance. Not Recommended.
I don't mean to insult you in any way, but all of the problems you describe could be attributed to alignment settings.

Tires, too, have a tremendous impact on a car's handling.

Finally, lower profile tires imply larger wheels. Are they heavier than stock? or lighter? Wider?

I was surprised to learn how critical all of these things could be to the way the car feels on the road. If it's old hat to you, just shut me up.

"Function before fashion."

'96 Contour SE
A
A
I have had mine for about 6 months and have not had any problems with tire wear. Just get a good alignment when you are done.

You actually may want to wait a month or so for the alighnment since it takes that long for the new springs to set. My original springs had about 65K miles (sagged) on them when I added the kit and the car did not seem lower! A few months later, it was down close to an inch, which is what is advertised.

'98 SE Sport, Duratec, 5 speed. BAT Euro handling Kit. K&N, PIAA.
N
N
Had mine on for close to a year now, no tire wear problems yet and the handling is quite nice, still have more body roll than I'd like but the aussie bar should help that.

~Shawn Clone~

1999 SE Sport V6 MTX
Silver frost/Midnight Blue
BAT Euro Handling kit, SCA Cold Air intake, painted dash/calipers, Elky's mesh grille, bulitt fuel door,B&M shifter, ES motor mount inserts, OMP front strut tower brace, newest mod- HPP rear strut tower brace ...coming soon, Aussie Bar
Possabilities in the works: Custom CAI, Polished stainless shifter cover plate

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard