Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
OP Offline
M
Subject says it all.. How do you? Can you do it with those torches, or do you take it somewhere and have them cut it off?

Paul
'95 Midnight Red SE V6 MTX
mods
Midnight Red Contour Pics
***car under construction***
T
T
Should we assume you need info on how to cut perches off new Konis to fit Ground Controls'..????? confused

V6 MTX
'Don't p**s up my back then tell me it's raining!!!"
'Its only nuts & bolts!'
'If I build it,fix it,upgrade it or modify it...MAYBE they will come....!
Haines Motor Sports Inc,
Dealer for 'Quaife America' & 'Autotech Sport Tuning'
SOLE USA Dealer for the American Axle 'AUSSIE BAR'...
Get a Turbo for you Zetec from HMS Inc...by 'The Demon' ...www.DemonDynamics.co.uk
..don't talk about it DO IT !!!
M
OP Offline
M
Correct assumption..

I also have this problem. The sleeve does not fit over the top of the strut. DOes the top piece of the strut have to be removed?? Heres pics..

Paul
mods
K
K
Whatever you do, DO NOT take a torch to the struts. You will ruin the internal seals, among other problems that will leave you with 4 scrap pieces of metal.

I'd suggest using a die grinder with cutoff wheel, or if you don't have access to air tools or a patient hand, use a hacksaw blade. Be forewarned, you have to be very careful to not cut into the strut body. Just score the perches along the points where it is attached to the strut body and carefully break away the perch.

HTH

Ryan

Latest Mod: Mirko Splitter
M
OP Offline
M
Welllll, nevermind.. LOL. I went over to my friends house and solved the problem..

The top of the strut body had to be grinded down. We did this by placing a grinding wheel with a very low grit on a circular saw. We grided that down. Then used a die cutter air tool with a grinding wheel and cut off the spring perches. This is the end result..

Paul
mods
M
M
Thats weird how your sleeves didnt go over the top of the strut like that. I had no problem, just needed to cut the perches, the sleeves fit over the strut perfectly. It looks like they used different top plates on your struts.

00 Black SVT #1545
Ground Control. Koni. 18" Konig Tantrum. More.

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard