Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
OP Offline
B
BAT Inc. www.batinc.net in their latest catalog is showing a new, fairly interesting product that allows front camber/caster adjustment. You can apparantly adjust both camber and caster independently of each other. The item replaces the stock upper strut bearing w/a new unit that allows adjustments to be made. $74.50 per side.

More info on their website. I know alot of people have been looking for this type of product, and now we have at least one option.

It was out like 2 months ago, and I believe some members got pissed about this too for some strange reason. :rolleyes:

UBRF.org , Western New York's Premiere Automotive Forum.

Yeah, I got some bolt-ons.
Car Pics
Video of Brullen cat-back on a \'95 SE
How-to: Short Shifter for Pre-98 MTX

"heres the deal $2 grand buy in winner gets the cash and the girl and the respect. We'll race from 0 to Inf. until I win." - someone on the internet
A
A
http://www.contour.org/cgi-ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=46&t=000473&p=

Alright, now who's got the "Hello...and welcome to last week!" pic? laugh

98 Merc. Mystique LS

Red Wings and US Soccer 0wn j00!
B
OP Offline
B
Yes, I saw those posts but no one, after much complaining here about "oh help me I need to adjust my camber" has done anything about it. So I figured that someone NEW might see it as not everyone rolls thru this forum with great frequency... :rolleyes:

B
B
Did Terry ever report about the installation he was doing?

Jim Johnson
98 SVT
T
T
Mike Seidel is having the camber kits and the UK Koni/R.O.C Spring combo fitted over the next week or so (re the Koni ST200 group buy 'prove out') so we all should have some feedback on both products. TH wink

V6 MTX
'Don't p**s up my back then tell me it's raining!!!"
'Its only nuts & bolts!'
'If I build it,fix it,upgrade it or modify it...MAYBE they will come....!
Haines Motor Sports Inc,
Dealer for 'Quaife America' & 'Autotech Sport Tuning'
SOLE USA Dealer for the American Axle 'AUSSIE BAR'...
Get a Turbo for you Zetec from HMS Inc...by 'The Demon' ...www.DemonDynamics.co.uk
..don't talk about it DO IT !!!
L
L
Terry - Do you have any updates on the adj. a arms? Which is the best & easiest method of adjusting camer on the front? Is there also an issue on the rear of a lowered car?

I have my eibachs and konis and a new set of tires coming, but do not want the tire edge wear...

Installing mystery mod & SS y pipe & hi flow cat with magnaflows.

98 Black SVT
L
L
Any news?
THX!

98 Black SVT
S
S
[[May have been a bit pessimistic when wrote this, looks like it's possible the board/"group" will survive smile So take any "still can's" & "go unanswered's" as referring to potential demise of CEG -- Hope it works out OK.]]
While I still can -- caster/camber kit works great. You should have a pro do the install, though, unless you have experience dealing with alignments. My sponsor/garage got mine "spot on" to my requests, including evening out 1.5 degree difference left-to-right in factory caster!

Before there is a flood of questions that won't be able to get answered" Putting all the pieces together in one package -- BAT kit, Koni kit, Aussie bar and spherical end links is the way to go! (IMHO) My GL has gone from good-handling grocery-getter that autoX's to a true sport sedan that I have 100% confidence in. eek

Hope enough of you who are serious & actually have the money, will continue to support our suppliers who find/make/provide these parts and mods. [Same goes for CEG.]

Add their email/site addresses to your favorites and adress books now, while you can.

{And an aside to those who feel they must use forums as personal outlet for whatever -- do us all a favor and use chat rooms on your ISP -- keep this for CDW27 related, non-offensive chat & info, PLEASE.}

SeiCo Mike

SCCA WOR/OVR/NEOh Regions
Race Control Marshall
#53 Silver Street Touring "S" '98 Contour
GL; 2.5l-5 spd
"Koni Kit - Sport Struts w/progressive "sport" springs" from HMS!!
Custom 24-mm Rear Sway also from Terry
BAT Camber/Caster through HMS
PF Spherical Ball End Links
Bridgestone S-03's
Grizzly Clutch
lightened SVT flywheel (Thanks KnuConceptz)
DMD from incomparable Terry Haines!
K&N & Dynomax
Mintex pads
Chris Hightower Rear Strut Tower Bar
L
L
SeiCo Mike - What was the use / position for the spherical ends??

So the caster / caberp altes worked pretty well with lowering? IU have koni adj & eicbachs, but have not put on due to tire wear. Opinion please...
THX!
Lee

98 Black SVT
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard