Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
OP Offline
R
Hello fellow enthusiasts.
My 98 contour sports left front spring broke ( 100 000 km's ) and I have to get replacement front springs and probably new struts. I was looking at a suspension kit (something to lower the car about 1" ) and found the eibach springs, koni struts as well as the Bat euro kit. Now, I'm left with the following problem: I want the nice kit but I can't afford 1200$ can (including install) so which kit or set of springs-struts would you recommend. And please give me your comments about these kits and how long they last ( how about another 100 000 km's ). Thanks for the tips.

Robin Forest
_ ________________ _
'98 Contour Sport 2.5L
No mods yet.
J
J
http://www.batinc.net/contour.htm

Click on the "you may down oad part"

Many people have choosen the bat kit and had go experiences with them . You might want to look into them since its a complete kit.

Chris Bertrand , !!16 years young!!
1995 Ford Contour Gl 2.5 V6 MTX
My DIMS (DO IT MYSELF) Achievements:
Performance Mods: None
Audio Mods:Jvc head unit, 6x9's in all doors , Sony XM-752EQX amp, 2 Sony Xplod LS-1235 12" Subs
Video Mods:Blaupunkt DVD-ME1, 2 5" monitors in sunvisors
Aesthetic Mods:Neons, Streetglow El Shift Knob
Commando LCD Pager Alarm
Many Mods To Come.......
J
J
Quote:
Originally posted by Robin Forest:
Hello fellow enthusiasts.
My 98 contour sports left front spring broke ( 100 000 km's ) and I have to get replacement front springs and probably new struts. I was looking at a suspension kit (something to lower the car about 1" ) and found the eibach springs, koni struts as well as the Bat euro kit. Now, I'm left with the following problem: I want the nice kit but I can't afford 1200$ can (including install) so which kit or set of springs-struts would you recommend. And please give me your comments about these kits and how long they last ( how about another 100 000 km's ). Thanks for the tips.
I know there is a recall for installing spring catchers in some Contours. I wonder if there is an "extended warranty" just on your spings. You might search around here or call Ford's customer service number to see if your car is one of the covered units.

Won't get you any cool springs, unless you can convince your Ford dealer to install your Eibachs or whatever you choose and keep the new factory springs in his parts department wink

HTH,

TB

Tony Boner
Personal: 98cdw27@charter.net Work: tony.boner@sun.com
Saving the computer world from WinBloze as Unix/Solaris/Java Guru http://www.sun.com
1998 Contour SVT Pre-E1 618/6535 Born On Date: 4/30/1997
Now with Aussie Bar induced mild oversteer.
F
F
Ask dealer about Program #01m08 extends 10 years beyond warranty start date or 150,000 miles. This is for front springs only?
Paul

J
J
I've got stock struts coiled with Eibach's. To enlighten you, Eibach's has a 10yr warranty.

aka " Dj. Spyse "

'97 Contour;Zetec GL Sport T-Red.
Eibach Pro-kit springs
Str8 pipe 2.25 no resonator to a Nakayama muffler W/ 4" tip

Future plans:
Team-Dynamic's- 17" or 18" Monza wheels (white w/ anodized red hubcap), V-spec spoiler, vynil grafx........................

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard