Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#394121 04/15/02 03:34 PM
M
mcon99 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
... and the ride is sweet (if not a little bumpy)

If you check out this link you can see some pictures of my recently installed GC setup... and with that my suspension work is done. In total I am running an OMP Front, ST200 Rear, Aussie Bar, and the GC's with a set of ST200 struts. The ride is crazy!!! You can feel every little bump in the road, railroad tracks are NOT fun... I am glad I do not have 18 or 19 inch rims, I would be afraid to drive the car in anything more than 1st gear. And a body kit? forget it, it would be ripped off at the first hill

So much for body roll though, because it is gone. I have yet to break out on any corner I have tried, although more testing is definitly called for I am still trying to be a little gently with the suspension as it settles. After I showed my roomate what I could do on the corners he said he would trade the ride in his car to do the same thing (he has a Intrpeid R/T though... makes it a little more difficult) On second though I lied when I said my work was done, I still have to get a shop to weld on the new backing plates for the Aussie bar cause it's already starting to warp my factory ones, and maybe a set of front poly bushings but I hear they are a biatch to install

l8r

My Project: Cougar 2001 French Blue V6 MTX
Goal: A kickass ride!
My Website
A
A
ST200 Struts are not made for springs with such a high rebound rate as the GC's. You should have gone BAT Struts or Koni's.

-Andy

Andy Watson
'99 Silver SVT #2397| DOB 07/29/99
Graci!

American Iron Shoot Out - Event Promoter!
Check it out, we need your input!
Www Dot American Iron Shoot Out Dot Com
P
P
for 99$ for all 4 struts which have better rates than the stock ones it's kinda hard to argue koni or bat struts don't you think?

2000 Cougar V6 MTX
Black
Visteon GFX Kit with Razzi rear skirts, Ground Controls, YoDude Exhaust, Ractive Filter, Custom Interior, Custom Loud Stereo, and more...
See Her Here
W
W
Quote:
Originally posted by PuckPuck:
for 99$ for all 4 struts which have better rates than the stock ones it's kinda hard to argue koni or bat struts don't you think?
Corey sells the Koni struts for 129 I believe....I would much rather pay 30 extra dollars per strut to get better ride quality and the ability to adjust them at will.

1998 Contour SVT E0 Silver Frost
#3623 of 6535 B-day:09/18/97
My CEG Profile
My Car's Website
My Photo Albulm
"Life is full of conflicts; it's the moments of peace that we must cherish"-Me
T
T
How have you set the GC's....height front to rear etc???

V6 MTX
'Don't p**s up my back then tell me it's raining!!!"
'Its only nuts & bolts!'
'If I build it,fix it,upgrade it or modify it...MAYBE they will come....!
Haines Motor Sports Inc,
Dealer for 'Quaife America' & 'Autotech Sport Tuning'
SOLE USA Dealer for the American Axle 'AUSSIE BAR'...
Get a Turbo for you Zetec from HMS Inc...by 'The Demon' ...www.DemonDynamics.co.uk
..don't talk about it DO IT !!!
M
Moe Offline
M
Quote:
Originally posted by Wthermans:
Quote:
[b]for 99$ for all 4 struts which have better rates than the stock ones it's kinda hard to argue koni or bat struts don't you think?
Corey sells the Koni struts for 129 I believe....I would much rather pay 30 extra dollars per strut to get better ride quality and the ability to adjust them at will.[/b]
the ST200's were on sale for $99 for all four, not each

-- Mike (Moe)Lester --
98.5 SVT #5486
moesvt@comcast.net
Get your a$$ on IM and stop wasting bandwidth!!!!!!
P
P
Quote:
Originally posted by Moe:
Quote:
Originally posted by Wthermans:
[b]
Quote:
[b]for 99$ for all 4 struts which have better rates than the stock ones it's kinda hard to argue koni or bat struts don't you think?
Corey sells the Koni struts for 129 I believe....I would much rather pay 30 extra dollars per strut to get better ride quality and the ability to adjust them at will.[/b]
the ST200's were on sale for $99 for all four, not each[/b]
ditto.... 100$ vs 520$ is a no brainer... also the ST-200 although not as good as the konis were made for a lowered car and they are definetely better then the stock struts, i get far less bounce out of them.

2000 Cougar V6 MTX
Black
Visteon GFX Kit with Razzi rear skirts, Ground Controls, YoDude Exhaust, Ractive Filter, Custom Interior, Custom Loud Stereo, and more...
See Her Here
Where were the ST200 struts on sale that cheap??

00 Audi S4
Silver and Black
(Bone stock)

98 Toreador Red SVT
#742/6535 (Totalled)

KKM induction,Sho-Shop Y pipe, removed resonator, Superchip,
B&M Short Shifter, Fog Light Fix
885 Fogs, Xenon Super Whites
Clear Corners w/clear bulbs
Removed Door Dings, TH Fix, ADR Phase II white 17s and Kumho rubber
P
P
BAT had a sale a few months ago, at the same time they were selling the ST-200 rear strut tower braces (only fit cougars).... needless to say the struts at that price didn't last very long smile

2000 Cougar V6 MTX
Black
See Her Here

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard