Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
P
P
for all your spring needs

http://racepages.com/suspensionspring/

get yourself a free catalogue and order your custom built progressive rate spring today laugh

2000 Cougar V6 MTX
Black
Visteon GFX Kit with Razzi rear skirts, Ground Controls, YoDude Exhaust, Ractive Filter, Custom Interior, Custom Loud Stereo, and more...
See Her Here
A
A
Consider this outfit for alternatives in the matched system area:

[URL=http://www.truechoice.com/products/suspension.html][/URL]

M
M
I put the Koni Eibach setup on my '99 SE and I think it rides great. The suspension feels tighter but not really harsh to me. I think the Konis are excellent, but they do cost a lot so they better be. The steering is also tighter, I assume that's because of the slight camber change(?). I have ST200 wheels with Kumho Ecsta 712 (215/45) on them. With the dampers set on high though, I have to watch for potholes and things, reeeelllly harsh on significant inputs, not suited for everyday street stuff, but thats why they're adjustable. But on the softest setting very nice, just the right compliance for me. Sorry to get long but hope that helps.

Mike
Silver '99 SE V6 MTX,
Eibach, Koni, Res removed, Dynamax
B&M, Boston Acoustics, Fosgate, JL, ST200 wheels
S
S
Bouncy feel comes from the struts performance. The spring will control the roll of the car while rebound during a bumpy ride will control the "bounciness." A better quality strut is almost more important than shorter and stiffer springs. When you go to a progressive rate spring, which every daily driver should, you will only rely on the strut to control the ride. ADjustable struts would be the perfect solution. Than you could crank them to stiff when you want a rock hard ride for fun and loosen them up on rebound for a comforatble stock-like ride. Lowering the car, though will never give you anything close to the ride quality undera any circumstance. You completely change the geometry of the suspension specifically the motion arc of the control arms. If you had both upper and lower adjustable control arms (ie. Porsche) you could radically change the height without affecting the ride comfort, but we don't. Also, using the stock dampers that require a certain amount of control in travel, with a shorter than stock spring will cause them to bottom out, as we should all know by now. There are dampers designed to work at various levels [most aftermarket dampers].

98 SVT
Silver Frost
SCCA Club Racing Showroom Stock
Six point roll cage
Five point Simpson safety harness
Momo racing seat
17" O.Z. Racing wheels "Montecarlo"
3" cat back exhaust
Supertrapp 5" muffler
Eibach springs
Urethane bushings
Extrudehone enhaced upper intake
Superchips
Unorthodox underdrive crank pulley
A bunch of bushings
Euro gearbox
Maybe some other secrets...
2nd & 3rd cars are Mercedes Benz, Speed World Challenge race cars.
H
H
pss9...schaweet!!!

how about getting on bilsteins ass about this

...and yes, I did SEARCH first before asking.

AIM:omegazodiac

95 gl
99 contour svt #1750/2760
built 4/6/99
black/tan
plates, not personalized (###-REV)
amsoil series 2000 oil & filter~amsoil tranny fluid cocktail~tint: 35% windshield/front doors,20% rear window/rear doors~black oval/rear strip~nyceboi rear emblem~aussie grills~hella led sidemarkers~piaa superwhite low's~piaa extreme reverse lights~door dingless (knauberized)~hood liner removed~black '95 sail panels~trunk cargo net~mondeo hood struts~ford racing red 9mm wires~autolite double plat plugs~jensen hu~recontented dash clock(it rocks)~clifford ag4 security
B
B
Struts WON'T bottom out unless you've either removed the bump stops or cut them down too far. That's what they're there for (& why it's dumb to remove them).

Technical Director/Co-Owner Performance Fords-check out our new throttle body service
95 SE with lots of custom 1 off mods. All design, fabrication and installation by owner.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard