Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
MB Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Any suggestions or comments for replacing the front rotors, i think im going to attempt this next weekend if i order the parts in time...

Matt

'97 Pumice Zetec Sport- Superchip/Apexi DTM Tip/KKM/blue lights/removed door dings/De-Badged/ford racing 9mm-blue/Custom Interior/indiglo gauges
Audio
-3 JL Audio 10s/-2 kenwoods amps/-JVC cd head unit (with 12 disc changer)/-6x8 pioneers
http://www.geocities.com/mattbchillin
J
J
a hanes manual is very helpful. If I remember right the front rotors just slip on over the wheel studs. The rears I'm not sure if they just slip on or if they are part of the hub assembly.

There was some contriversy over the proper torque of the lug nuts to prevent rotor warpage. The torque value listed in the Hanes manual is not enough, I think it is something like 60 lb/ft. I know the new torque is higher but I don't remember what it was. Unless you can find out torque to 70 - 75 lb/ft and you should be fine. Remember, this torque value is for dry threads, do not apply lubricant or anti-seeze to the wheel stud threads.

"careful man, there's a beverage here."
e-mail: boseraq@hotmail.com
aol IM: madhat1412
F
F
I think BAT rotors are pretty good (I have them on the front of my car), and when I order from them I get stuff in like 3 days w/o any special shipping.

I torque my lug nuts down to 95 ft/lbs. No warpage.
-FD

1995 Contour SE
V6 5 spd
My life is a lot like cold women and warm beer.
J
J
if youre gonna do the pads, its a piece of cake to do the rotors in like 2 more minutes. should slide right on/off as soon as you get the caliper off

1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Cierra 2.2
1995 Duratec MTX GL R.I.P.
http://www.bags-of-funk.com
J
J
Quote:
Originally posted by JaketheSnake:
if youre gonna do the pads, its a piece of cake to do the rotors in like 2 more minutes. should slide right on/off as soon as you get the caliper off
right the front rotors just slip on, I think the same is true for the rear but I'm not sure. I'll find out friday when I take off the rear and maybe the fronts to de-glaze the pads.

"careful man, there's a beverage here."
e-mail: boseraq@hotmail.com
aol IM: madhat1412

Moderated by  baco99, frenchblueC2_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard