Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
D Davis Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hey all, aside from the misunderstanding between myself and DARKERIMAGE, we've had a pretty good track record down here. In case you weren't aware, the CEG is in danger of being shut down soon due to our ISP (which is a member using his T-1 line at home) being shut off.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd be willing to try and host some sort of fundraiser and donate profits back to CEG for operating costs. Something like a car wash done over a 6 hour period or so could potentially raise a fair amount of cash.

We are on the eve of our next meet at the Pavilions, and this may very well be the launchpad for something like this. If anyone can come up with something we can "advertise" or actually implement while we're there, it very well may save this place.

If we do this, we may even be able to convince some of the FocalJet fellas to give us a hand laugh

Ideas and thoughts entertained, no matter how crazy.

125.2 FWHP - 126.5 FWTQ
SVT exhaust (#4 of 9) - B&M FPR - Custom CAI - bnoon optimized TB #1 & 2 (beat that!!)
Black '98.5 SE Zetec MTX
Best quote seen in a chat - "Jinx 12345678910 you owe me a naked picture of yourself!"
P
P
How about a good old fashioned "Gimme" in a Paypal account. I think that with the amount of members that we have we could raise some serious cash with out some goofy car wash or what ever.

This is the national site, not just our little, hardly-used portion, right?

Maybe we could get some member or business owner to supply some really cool "Raffle" item... How about it Terry, Brad, anyone??? laugh

Po-Jay

Ghetto Mods Galore!
Quaife-CenterForce Clutch-Butterflies Rmvd and Replaced again-Bassani Exhaust w/custom "Y"-Pipe-33% of Mystery Mod-Pro M 75MM MAF-BNoon Optimized SVT TB-B+M Short Throw-ES Front Engine Mount-Some Aesthetic Crap-
Blood,Sweat,Tears
Do I hear the Fat Lady singing?
98 E0 Silver Frost (Is there any other color?)
172HP 149TQ W/Bad A/F Mix
I
I
In the wake of selling my car, i would still support CEG to some extent...but, I would like to tell you guys that I have donated money on two seperate occasions to CEG for hardware upgrades.

The only reason why I continue to post is because you guys are very cool. And this will suck if the doors are shut at CEG because everyone and their grandma comes to visit for advice, laughter, and just out of curiosity.

So, when will the T1 be shut down?

99 Range Rover 4.6 HSE
Mystery Car??????
C
C
I dont live down with you guys, but I am willing to help out any way I can. I have a few bucks set aside, and if there is an account or whatever made up, I will definately send some.

-Ken V.
psycho_bass@hotmail.com
My Car
D
D
A fund raiser would be a great idea for you guys, since you have a lot of members, but just make sure that having more funds means CEG stays around. I.E. don't have a fund raiser in vain. wink I donated $25 earlier this year, but I would be more than willing to pay $25 a year to keep this place alive. I've learned a lot here on these boards. Don't want to stop learning. laugh

2000 Silver SVT #1602
Check it out in the registry!
Mi Coche
D
D Davis Offline OP
OP Offline
D
That problem really lies in how these ideas present themselves to the owner (Lance).

Membership fees are unlikely, because Lance has to register the site differently and pay taxes and all that jazz.

Donations are a great idea, but again Lance doesn't want to contract w/ an ISP and only have enough cash from donations to last 2 months because so many of our members are flaky.

I don't know when the T-1 is going down. I asked that last week and still have no answer.

This pertains to the entire CEG, not just our neck of the woods.

BTW, carwash is just the first thing that came to mind. I was hoping to spur the creative genius in you guys smile

125.2 FWHP - 126.5 FWTQ
SVT exhaust (#4 of 9) - B&M FPR - Custom CAI - bnoon optimized TB #1 & 2 (beat that!!)
Black '98.5 SE Zetec MTX
Best quote seen in a chat - "Jinx 12345678910 you owe me a naked picture of yourself!"
P
P
Quote:
Originally posted by D Davis:
...BTW, carwash is just the first thing that came to mind. I was hoping to spur the creative genius in you guys smile
I fully understand. Have you linked this in the National/General sections? I think that everyone that has posted here thinks that it is a SouthWest thing... This is a Contour.org thing. I have wasted alot of work time on this site (Hell Yeah! Gettin paid to post!)and would really like to continue to do so! laugh

Po-Jay

Ghetto Mods Galore!
Quaife-CenterForce Clutch-Butterflies Rmvd and Replaced again-Bassani Exhaust w/custom "Y"-Pipe-33% of Mystery Mod-Pro M 75MM MAF-BNoon Optimized SVT TB-B+M Short Throw-ES Front Engine Mount-Some Aesthetic Crap-
Blood,Sweat,Tears
Do I hear the Fat Lady singing?
98 E0 Silver Frost (Is there any other color?)
172HP 149TQ W/Bad A/F Mix
D
D
This is the first I've heard of this being shut down.

I dind't see this posted in the General section.

Still.. I don't mind donating money.. I'm just not going to do it through pay pal.

Dave Andrews
Black&Tan 2000 SVT 225 of 2150
Bassani.. UNCORKED
davelandrews@comcast.net
"Nothing is so firmly believed as what we least know." -Montaigne

Moderated by  Keyser Soze 

Link Copied to Clipboard