Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
Sergey Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks all for your support. As for your questions:

- no, not all cars in Russia are stolen. Most are bought. The stolen ones are very quickly found.

- I got the car already imported. There are 8 licenced FORD dealers in Moscow alone, plus at least 20 different hardware outlets. I must say that the SVT if the most difficult car of all FORDS - I have to wait for 2 weeks each time I need a spare part (even a spark plug or a break pad!!!)

- Licence plate - I have the previous owner's texas plate - I get fined for riding with two plates frown - but I can't put the russian one in the original place - it's too long.

- X-pipe - why exactly do I have to even out the flows? Each one is independent, each one has a different length of piping, where do I put the X-pipe, and, most important, if I cross the flows, it's not a true-dual anymore!!! confused

Also, as I promised, I will make some pics of the quad-tips today, with some nice views of the city smile

E0 SVT, Toreador red

Custom true-dual cat-back exhaust
SHO-shop off-road Y-pipe
SHO-shop cold air induction
H
H
Quote:
- X-pipe - why exactly do I have to even out the flows? Each one is independent, each one has a different length of piping, where do I put the X-pipe, and, most important, if I cross the flows, it's not a true-dual anymore!!!
You need to cross the flow so that the cylinders can scavenge each other and this will help your engine run better. the X-pipe should go about where you have the first set of mufflers or even closer to the now defunct Y pipe. and as to whether or not it is a true dual exhaust- a car will run better with an exhaust that is not a ture dual - especially if it was designed to run on such a system- I only know of possibly a handfull of cars that are not desinged to have a joined exhaust. here is an example of a car that had a Verycomplex crossover system so that it could adequitly scavenge each cylinder

'98 SVT #2253
Currently DEAD!
Cobra Paradise
E
E
Quote:
Originally posted by Horse:
Scot has all the cool pictures. smile

What would happen if you put a vanity plate where the original went? Like one with the Ford oval on it?

· Jon Miconi

· 96 Contour Zetec ATX
· 80 Ramcharger 360 ATX
· 77 Ramcharger 440 ATX
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard