Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
After Burgman (of Redneck Nirvana Fame) got his one chambers last week, I quickly followed suit...something about a mustang with flows....here's a couple clips we took tonight...mine sound a little different than his, but its all the same great blast when you stand on the loud pedal! smile

start up, rev, and pull away

drifting donut and pull away...

Former owner of 1999 SVT Contour #555
S
S
nice, nice, nice!!

'95 Tour LX
ZETEC MTX
TOO MANY MODS TO LIST ANYMORE!!
http://www.geocities.com/marine113

Best mod ever to my tour: A Beautiful passenger seat filler, that is my Beautiful Girl!!
L
L
I love the exhaust note on Mustangs. Those Flowmasters make it sound even better. The rest of the car is so-so, but with that kind of music I don't think I'd mind. Next car will either be S4 or Cobra, heh.

-Louis
1998 Black E0 #3826, lightly modded
L
L
Flowmasters are the only way to go on the Mustang. My dad had them on his Stang. cool

2000 Contour Zetec ATX
Hector
Mods...I got em'
"Contour grills, Contour bills, check out the oil my Contour spills."
2.SLO = 17.6 at 80mph
My profile
OP Offline
Thanks for the nice comments guys...I really enjoy the stang....and I try my darndest to annoy unsuspecting commuters at every redlight with the one chambers smile Gotta love flows.

J
J
hey not to ask a dumb question but can u put those on a tour?? svt that is?? and if so what kind?? thanks

2000 silver frost midnite blue csvt
OP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
hey not to ask a dumb question but can u put those on a tour?? svt that is?? and if so what kind?? thanks
I'm sure you can, but I wouldn't know what series/model number if you plan on replacing the svt mufflers. What I'd do if I were to put flowmaster on an SVT contour would be to buy a single in/dual out 50 series and mount it in place of the resonator to give the thing some tailpipe to control the sound. I had flows on a tbird once at the tail end of the car and it sounded too nasty for words...to much rasp and crackle...not enough flowmaster sound.

S
S
Quote:
Originally posted by 99SVTguy:
I had flows on a tbird once at the tail end of the car and it sounded too nasty for words...to much rasp and crackle...not enough flowmaster sound.
Be careful if you decide to change your intermediate pipe. You'll want to go with a good H-pipe. X-pipes and chambered muffler tend not to get along to well. The general rule is H's with chambers and X's with flow through mufflers. My buddy put an off road X on his 2000GT with his two chamber flows. It sounded like a stock-car....just LOUD and NASTY! After driving it 5hrs down to Indy and back he called Magnaflow and had some straight through mufflers sent the next day. Just FYI for a fellow stanger... cool

Very few of life's problems can not be solved with the reasonable application of more horsepower!
2001 SVT Mustang Cobra
My Ride
Former Owner of:
'00 Contour SVT #1931/2150
H
H
well I just got a 2000 GT and I'm pondering the exhaust set-up right now. I guess I should just go with the Magnaflow X-Pipe and straight through mufflers? I also want to do the Vortech S/C by the end of this summer so I'm just trying to figure out what I need to do to the Stang while preparing for that...

S
S
Hella,

That would be a decent set-up. For more on Mustang exhausts, Read Me!

This question was for a Cobra, but everything still applies (except the FR500 exhaust....won't fit a GT). If you have any specific ??'s, just ask.

kwiksvt@peoplepc.com

Very few of life's problems can not be solved with the reasonable application of more horsepower!
2001 SVT Mustang Cobra
My Ride
Former Owner of:
'00 Contour SVT #1931/2150

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard