Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
C
Administrator
Administrator
C
Quote:
Originally posted by HighPoweredKaufman:
I keep hearing about the "unfinished vertical weld" that our cars have under the tail lights. I looked at my car and couldn't find what you guys are talking about. Do you have any pics of it before you shaved it off? I'm no body shop guy, I'm just curious about what you are talking about.
That is a body seam. It's not really welded. At that seam, two body pieces come together and are joined with some pretty wicked glue stuff along with some bolts. I imagine it is made that way for ease of mass production. If you look along the bottom of your tail lights, you will see the seam, unless someone already filled and painted over it. In that case, you might have previous body damage.

Dean, kudos on the trunk AND the tail lights!! I think I know what LED lights you are going to use. Are you going to put red and amber lights there? That would be VERY euro. A little more wiring though, but it's nothing compared to the rest of what you are doing.

Can't wait to see the finished product! Are you getting the full SVT body kit for that?

-Chris Hightower-
-Hightower Performance Products, LLC

(Oo.«xx».oO)
o xxxxxxxxx o
D
OP Offline
D
hey chris thanks for the kudos laugh we pieced together some svt, ls, se parts to make custom set of bumpers. the front has the mirko lip and the back has a lower lip to compliment the front. as far as the led lights in the back, im only using red because im not too fond of orange/amber on my car. when i let the air out, the whole body is about 1/4inch from the ground. when i pump it, it sits about 10-11inches off the ground. eek

"We Learn From Our Mystique's".
1993 Honda Civic Hatch (stored away, waiting for a front clip, future drag car).
1995 Mystique GS V6 (everyday car).
1998 Mystique LS V6 (show car, sunny summer days only).
My personal site... http://www.deanjoyce.com
President of On All 4s Car Club of New York - www.onall4scarclub.com
H
H
I'm pretty sure I don't have previous body damage since my car was brand new when I bought it. I just didn't know what I was supposed to be looking for and nothing caught my attention. Thanks for the info though!

'00 Contour SVT #123 of 2150
Built 9/29/99
Black/Tan Interior
Nice car.... Wondering... Clubman or something like it (Clubman 2 IIRC, or Forza) seat (ie. not expensive)how much $$$?

1995 V6 SE MTX
1998.5 CSVT
1963 Riley Elf/Saab 2.0L Turbo swap
Go to the Photoshop tutorial page
N
N
read the mods on the car and I must say that I am VERY IMPRESSED!!! If I'm not in Delaware for the weekend, I'll probably be at Hot Imports Night. I'll definitely have to come check out the Tique if I'm there. I was *****ing about the cost of my Ground Controls but I won't even begin to ask how much the air bags were. Keep up the good work and hopefully I'll be able to make HIN at AC. BTW, the trunk is definitely gonna help you take that first place.

96 Contour LX V6
red ext. with tan leather int.
All options except ABS(who needs brakes anyway)
Bosh+4 plugs and 9mm Ford Racing wires
OBX racing intake
Aerospeed DTM style muffler with 2.25 custom catback piping - no res
BAT struts
Ground Control Coilovers
OMP strut bar
D
OP Offline
D
UNFORTUNATE NEWS frown my car will not be at hot import nights next weekend. ever since i had trouble getting my front air shocks in on time, and other things such as the waterpump going, its been a real stress trying to get my car done in time. so, i had to back out of the show and give it at least another week or 2 to have everything done to perfection. today was a good day, and we got the aluminum mustang fuel door to fit like a glove, looks real nice! anyway... 95SEPED, i'll PM the prices to you soon, and sorry NEIL my car wont be there, but i will be. maybe we'll meet.
cya

1993 Honda Civic Hatch (stored away, waiting for a front clip, future drag car).
N
N
Dean glad to hear you are putting your car on air, and you did the crooked plate I was going to do that mine over the winter but I ran into some unexpected finances (school being a big part of it) congradualtions on being the first Mystique on bags laugh hopefully I can get mine in by next summer.

98 Mystique GS Silver Frost Pearl
V-Racing Aluminum Touring Wing
SVT Front Bumper with some added touchs
SVT Side Skirts
Eibach Sportline Springs
17x7.5 BSA 187 wheels with 215/40ZR/17
Mondeo Badge
APC Sidemarkers (Light up Red)
Hiper Industries 100W H.I.D. Bulbs (Highs, Lows and Fogs)
Blue Reverse Lights
Red Turn Signals All Around
2 Red Tenzo R Adjustable Bucket Seats
Shaved back door handles (thats right only the back)
**And a few other mods**
Coming Soon
Custom rear bumper, and a sound system
T
T
Dean, I don't know if it came off wrong, but I wasn't dissing you for the 'crooked license plate' thing. I was asking if there is a certain reason for doing that or not. Sorry if it came off as rude. I give you props for taking the time to do this!

Dan Parmelee
1999 Acura Integra SiR-G coupe
"I heard Affleck was the bomb in Phantoms"
"Word, bitch! Phantoms like a muhfuka"
D
OP Offline
D
Hey GSR no prob wink
heres a few pics of what i did earlier today... (for all those that want to put an aluminum fuel door on their contiques)...

HAD TO CUT A FEW TABS AND MIG WELD A FEW IN CERTAIN SPOTS...

TOOK THESE NEXT 2 PICS BEFORE I DRILLED THE HOLES FOR THE RIGHT 2 HOLES...

AND OF COURSE, GOTTA HAVE THE PERMACAP FROM BAT

SEE THE HORSEY INSIDE??? laugh

-
-
That perma cap is going to cause a CEL!Vacuum leak! eek
BAT should have told you that since they know by now.

Howard
1998 Silverfrost SVT #1612
June mods:
17" ADR RS Limited Limix Wheels
with 215/45/17 Yokohama AVS Sports
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard