Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
D
D
Quote:
Originally posted by Speed Demons:
The only thing I've seen of Brad's was that little "box shaped" insert thats in the area around the stock location.
I believe you are thinking about John Miks (JCAimhigher IIRC???)
He makes the heatshield boxes for the stock location.

Brad Noon made one for his car that is a cone shaped unit that wraps around his HUMUNGOUS filter on the end of his CAI.

Exactly what you need... laugh Sorry if I came off harsh... frown I just expect everyone to be a CEG junky and read, know, and remember every single post... :rolleyes: wink

2000 SVT #674 - Check it out!

Whoever coined the phrase; "If it ain't broke; don't fix it" ~ Just doesn't get it...
R
R
My plastic thing is hanging down because it's missing a few screws. The 2 plastic tabs needed to hold it in in one place are broke. Where can I get some replacements or something else to hold it up? Ford said they would have to special order them, but I don't want to go through all that just for a stupid hangy thing.

"Wow, that sank fast." "Yeah, like a rock."
96 Contour GL ATX
9mm Ford Racing Wires; 2 Resonators down, 1 to go;"Special airbox"; many mods planned
Sony CD player: 50wattsx4;remote;
Speakers=50 watt Pioneer 6x8s
Ross Evans smile
B
B
The air dam must not be all that important (contrary to earlier training) because Ford decontented it. The 2000's didn't come with it, and I think that it was dropped sometime in the 1999 model year.

There seems to be more horns replaced under warranty on the ones without. I suspect that the horns are subject to much more rain intrusion since they are mounted so low and without any remaining shielding.

It is also a lot easier to change the oil filter when the air dam is not in the way.

Jim Johnson
98 SVT
D
D
My 2k came with it.

2000 SVT
Black & Blue
#205 of 2150
Kenwood Head Unit

2001 SR5 4 Runner 4x4
A
A
Quote:
Originally posted by yosemetiesam:
mine was ripped off by a strong headwind while doing approx. 100 mph. haven't replaced it yet, but will because I notice a difference
A strong head wind at 100mph!!! Really!! Who'd a thunk it!

-Andy

Andy Watson
'99 Silver SVT #2397| DOB 07/29/99
Graci!

American Iron Shoot Out - Event Promoter!
Check it out, we need your input!
Www Dot American Iron Shoot Out Dot Com
T
T
Quote:
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
Leave it on!
Part of the reason it is there is to channel under car air past the engine bay so it does NOT lift the front end of the car up at high speeds!

The only way to make a downwards facing intake pipe a CAI instead of a heat eating POS (which they are) is to build a cone shaped heatshield around it. Talk to Brad about that...
I always thought it was a bad thing....directs the cold air past the hot exhaust manifold!

Mine was always just barely hanging on, it always hit curbs and got deformed.

Dan Parmelee
1999 Acura Integra SiR-G coupe
"I heard Affleck was the bomb in Phantoms"
"Word, bitch! Phantoms like a muhfuka"
D
D
Quote:
Originally posted by Big Jim:
The air dam must not be all that important (contrary to earlier training) because Ford decontented it. The 2000's didn't come with it, and I think that it was dropped sometime in the 1999 model year.

There seems to be more horns replaced under warranty on the ones without. I suspect that the horns are subject to much more rain intrusion since they are mounted so low and without any remaining shielding.

It is also a lot easier to change the oil filter when the air dam is not in the way.
My 2K has it, too.

2000 Silver SVT #1602
Check it out in the registry!
Mi Coche
E
E
I'll go ahead and take a 3rd vote on my 2k having the air dam too. I know of 3 in KC that have them.

I honestly can't tell a difference w/out mine on other than some additional bumper squeak. I take mine off to change my oil, and needed to do some other work up there, so I left it off for a few days. It'll be going back on soon though.

On a side note, anybody know where to get some replacement plastic nuts that stick into the sub-frame that the screw goes into? I tried Homo Depot and Lowes, but neither had anything even closely resembling them. I'm dreading the Ford price, even with the assistance of Mr. Bill! smile

2000 SVT Contour - Silver # 1675/2150
svt1675@comcast.net
This Shine brought to you by the letter "Z" for Zaino
B
B
Perhaps I spoke up too quickly about the thing being decontented. I'll clarify what I know for sure. The last several new Mystiques I have seen in the air were not equipped. It seems that I noticed the same thing about Contours, but I have spent more time recently around a Lincoln Mercury dealership than a Ford dealership. They were gone from the Mystique for at least the last year of production. Could it be that they were retained on the SVT only?

Jim Johnson
98 SVT
M
M
big A$$ stick took mine off. it was just hanging there dragging so i had to rip it off. went back and made sure the stick didnt claim anymore air dam-under-the-car-protecters.

1995 se mtx. its all cool now.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard