Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
OP Offline
J
Quote:
Originally posted by G r y m e s:
What does taking the door dings off intail?
Sore fingernails! wink

Actually it was much easier than I had thought....I would definatly say the sooner you can do it the better. My car was a 98 and I did them last summer and it left just a few lines. (Not sure why though) Don't get me wrong though nothing you can see without examining it.

Just take some flaws or fishing line and get the corner started....after which just pull it with your hand. I would have a bucket of soapy water handy and if you do it in the sun it helps heat the adheasive.

The key I found was NOT to peal the adheasive off in the direction I was moving but rather PULL it towards the opposite direction. You'll see once you start to do it.

Its a bit time consuming but the final product is definatly worth it. (As you can see wink )

Hope that helps!

Justin
1998 Black SVT
jcboeckl@unity.ncsu.edu
G
G
Guess I am just neverous to find what is underneath and what might not come off or discoloration, etc.

98.5 Contour SVT totally stock...for now.

-Talk about high performance...I have a K&N Oil Filter....AND a K&N Air Filter!
J
OP Offline
J
Quote:
Originally posted by G r y m e s:
Guess I am just neverous to find what is underneath and what might not come off or discoloration, etc.
Wouldn't worry about any discoloration...although you might have a bit of the adheasive which won't come off...but just a tad...its like taking a sticker off your window you know how it leaves those lines...its just different with paint I guess it bonds after time...but they are very slight....Even if you don't like it just do one at a time and you can always put it back on...shouldn't be too hard!

I know how you feel I was the same way! Like I said if you find something bad under the first one just stop! And buy 3M tape to reattach.

Just do it though, you won't be sorry!

Justin
1998 Black SVT
jcboeckl@unity.ncsu.edu
T
T
Justin,

your 310rs.2's are DVC and your PH30 is:
watts/ channel 4 ohm: 75 x 6
watts/ channel 2 ohm: 110 x 4 + 150 x2
watts/ bridged 4 ohm: 220 x 2 + 300 x 1

How did you wire the system? The subs in particular?

Thanks,

Mark

J
OP Offline
J
Quote:
Originally posted by Trapps:
Justin,

your 310rs.2's are DVC and your PH30 is:
watts/ channel 4 ohm: 75 x 6
watts/ channel 2 ohm: 110 x 4 + 150 x2
watts/ bridged 4 ohm: 220 x 2 + 300 x 1

How did you wire the system? The subs in particular?

Thanks,

Mark
I ran 2 channels of the Amp to set of Components (Front) and the other 2 channels to as coax set(Rear Fill).

The remaining two channels are bridged and running to my subs which have the VC's wired in Parallel then each sub is wired in series. Allowing for a 4ohm mono load. I believe the amp is underrated quite a bit because it pushes the subs nicely. I'm sure I could use a bit more power to them but they satisfy my tastes nicely.

If you have any more questions let me know!

Justin
1998 Black SVT
jcboeckl@unity.ncsu.edu
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard