Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#41342 04/27/02 02:07 PM
G
G
Roger, car's looking sweet as always!

Given the fact you already have an SVT it has quite a bit of performance already. As others have said, it's a personal decision on what you want out of the car. If you want people to stop and stare, then grab the "show mods". You'll certainly get more attention and entering shows is a lot easier when you have aesthetic mods to win with.

You could be like me though, and go purely for the go mods. Aside from the duals, my car looks pretty much stock. It doesn't catch stares until you're staring at a receding reflector despite your foot being pegged to the floor. It's a nice feeling to have lots o' power under the hood.

I have recently changed my focus though and am considering ditching the ZX2 for an SVT. Once it's paid for it'll be all show mods for that puppy because I'd like people to recognize from a distance that I put money into the car.

For the moment, you don't know until I lift the bonnet.

Try best of both, lower it with GC's and Koni's, slap an Aussie bar in her, get some 18's, tint, and sound system.

#41343 04/27/02 03:07 PM
J
J
Quote:
Originally posted by MIKE W.:
decide which you love more, the way your car drives, or the way your car looks... then modify the other one.
probably the best advice I've heard to date... cool

JasonS
2000 Silver Frost SVT
#1119 of 2150
Eibach Springs / Corbeau Forza II Seat / TRW Sabelt 5-point belts / Pegasus Brake Ducts / Braided Steel Brake Lines/KVR pads / Black SVT Rims / Mirko Racing Front Airdam / Clear Corners / Knauberized
Best Lap Road Atlanta: 1:56.1 -stock KDW tires!!
#41344 04/27/02 04:11 PM
B
BP Offline
B
My vote is half and half. You could probably get some good exhaust work and wheels and tires for that amount of $$.

Unless you auto cross or something like that you'd probably appreciate the combination of looks and go more so than just go. The only reason I say that is because most go mods only give a marginal increase in go...unless you're talking super charger or NOS which could decrease engine life.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

$.02

PS:

Looking good Roger. laugh

-Brian-
98 SE DTec MTX
#41345 04/27/02 04:38 PM
F
F
See sig. wink All go here. I dont really care about making my car look good with wheels and all that. I just dont see the point in making your car look fast when it isn't. Make it fast and suprise a few people laugh

Speed kills, but it beats going slow!

Simon Langley
Black 98 SVT EO (#2119 of 6535)
269.3 FWHP, 195.4 TQ
14.123 @ 97.36
All go, and no show!
Vortech, Quaife, Driveshaft Shop Stage II axles, Magnecore Wires, Custom True Dual Exhaust.
CDW-27 1/4 Mile Registry
#41346 04/27/02 06:21 PM
A
A
Quote:
Originally posted by BIGS:
if you had a corvette or a cammaro, or even mustang id say go, but when dealing with a contour id say fo sho fo sho fo sho. Many will disagree but few will see.
BIGS, you are on point.

-Antonio

99' SVT
86' Toyota Pickup Beater - Tha Daily Driver
#41347 04/28/02 03:37 AM
C
C
My mottos...

-if a car looks fast...it better be fast.
-Cars that look slow, but are fast, get lots of respect
-All go and No show is fine with me

Personally...I like a little show on a car. But I'm big into engine, tranny, and suspension work. Hot looking car make pick up hott looking girls. But Fast cars pick up fast girls...

You got $1500...put $1200 into speed and handling, and $300 into some looks...

1995 Probe GT ATX TOO MANY MODS
1999 Cougar V6 MTX
Stage 1: (Basic Mods)B&M STS, Bassani Exhaust, KKM intake w/ weapon R pipe, ProFlow 75mm MAF w/optimiser, YoDude Y-pipe w/hi flow cat, SVT TB, SVT Upper IM, OMP FSTB,AF gauge, Aerogear fiberglass hood (completed)
Stage 2: (Top End Work) 19-24lb injectors, P&P heads w larger valves and HPC coated, P&P and port matched lower intake manifold also HPC coated, custom ground cams, Ford Racing 9mm wires, Bosch +4 plugs, Custom burned PAC or Diablo chip (will dyno with both), Apexi SAFC (In Progress)
Stage 3: (Transmission) Quaife LSD, CM stage 3 Clutch, Fidanza flywheel (In progress)
Stage 4: (Suspension)Koni adjustibles, H&R springs, Progress 21mm rear anti sway bar (Installing on Tues)
Current dyno: 172.9 whp with just bolt ons and stock exhaust manifolds (not gutted), oh, and bad wires smile...
#41348 04/28/02 04:05 AM
I
I
I also say more go than show... I love doing some aesthetic mods, but they happen to be the ones that really dont cost me (fog light fix, painted grill -> then gutter guarded it) they can make a diff. but I love speed and I prize the mods most dearest to me the ones that allowed me to claim a 15.453 in the quarter, and to beat a 3LSVT (we wont mention names) but anyways, for those 15 secs, you truely do feel free, and its one of the most amazing feelings there is, at least to a 17 yr old. So I say go with the go.

~~~~~~~~TRAVIS~~~~~~~~

Now driving: I MEAN NOT DRIVING---- 1995 Contour SE
Maroon, MTX, sunroof w/rain-guard,
neons, and audio replaced.
Side Markers installed and headlight strobes also now on.
*KKM tru-rev - I love it
9mm FMS blue wires
SVT Upper
SVT exhaust
SUPERCHIP˛
custom ram air

Newest mod = f***ed up engine, prolly shot, yeah frown
#41349 04/29/02 10:37 AM
T
T
Thanks Ghosst and BP for the compliments laugh My vote is really for the balance, show and go. Its nice to have a clean, modded car that runs good too, gotta have both laugh

Roger R
SVT/SHO Society SE MI rep
2000 CSVT #1253 of 2150
silver frost/midnight blue
2-8" dark blue racing stripes
Mequiars...simply the best!
"...and number 5, now this is the most important Rat, when it comes to making out, whenever possible, put on side one of Led Zeppelin 4"
USMondeo@aol.com
#41350 04/29/02 10:55 AM
T
T
'Sleepers Rule...!!!!!!,kill the rivals ego in 2 seconds flat...!!!! laugh

V6 MTX
'Don't p**s up my back then tell me it's raining!!!"
'Its only nuts & bolts!'
'If I build it,fix it,upgrade it or modify it...MAYBE they will come....!
Haines Motor Sports Inc,
Dealer for 'Quaife America' & 'Autotech Sport Tuning'
SOLE USA Dealer for the American Axle 'AUSSIE BAR'...
Get a Turbo for you Zetec from HMS Inc...by 'The Demon' ...www.DemonDynamics.co.uk
..don't talk about it DO IT !!!
#41351 04/29/02 05:54 PM
B
B
Quote:
Originally posted by CV6MTX:
My mottos...

-if a car looks fast...it better be fast.
-Cars that look slow, but are fast, get lots of respect
-All go and No show is fine with me

Personally...I like a little show on a car. But I'm big into engine, tranny, and suspension work. Hot looking car make pick up hott looking girls. But Fast cars pick up fast girls...

You got $1500...put $1200 into speed and handling, and $300 into some looks...
Werd! laugh I have put about $3,000 into low, slow, and go. Only a few dollars into show.

98 SE
BAT Big Brake Kit "C", Throttle Hang Fix, B&M Shifter, Lightly Cracked Secondaries, BAT Euro Handling Kit, 20% tint, Removed Ding Strips, ES Motor Mount Inserts, Borla CatBack, Apexi SAFC, HighTower Rear Brace, BAT 19mm rear bar, MSDS Headers & Y, AFE 20-35008 filter, ClutchMasters Stage 1, Fidanza FlyWheel, SVT T.B.
====OnOrder====
svt uppers and lowers,
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard