Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
OP Offline
B
  My parents have only twice bought brand new cars.  The first was in 1969, when I was about six years old.  It was a 1969 Falcon station wagon.  The second was in 1988.  They looked at a lot of different cars, and decided that the 1988 Tempo was the car for them.  They talked to different dealers, to see who would give them the best deal.  They wound up buying from the very same dealership from which they had bought the Falcon 19 years before.  The salesguy who sold them the Falcon still worked there, and remembered them.  When they bought their Tempo, they gave me the Falcon, which I continued to use for many years after that.  I had become very attached to this car, and the day I finally had to haul it to the junkyard was a very sad day for me. frown   This picture was taken just before we took it to the junkyard.

{I do hate spam, but that isn't really part of my email address.  Remove the string ?HatesSpam? from the email address ?BobHatesSpam@blaylock.to? to email me.  No advertisements.  Spammers will be dealt with very harshly!}
-------
Moonlight Blue 1996 Mercury Mystique GS , Zetec engine, ATX.  No mods. (Well, OK, one mod.  Before I got rid of my previous car, a 1994 Tempo, I swapped radios.  I liked the Tempo's radio better.  That counts as a mod, doesn't it?  I also kept one of my Tempo's wheels to use as a spare.  I hate those stupid ?compact? spares that come with modern cars.  Does this count as a mod?  If so, I guess I have two mods.  Replaced burned/melted blower switch and connector on 19 February 2002 with a 1P3T toggle switch from Marvac and a Molex connector from Rat Shack; I guess this now makes three mods.)
B
B
wow I really envy people who live in warm climates. There's no way I could keep a car that long in canada! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who mourns the junking of a car.

98 Contour GL V6

Current Mods: Mud Flaps
D
D
It's easy to get attached to old cars. smile

I posted some pics of my '66 Chevy. I've been driving it as a daily driver since i totalled my contour. It's every bit as fun to drive, but in a different way than the SVT.

Oh and it's possible for old cars to survive in cold climates, just more difficult. smile

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard