Print Thread
F
Fmr12B Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Best quote from the press release:

Link to press release at AutoWeek

Quote:
Ford research indicates that 75 percent of those who buy an SVT model would not have considered a Ford vehicle otherwise, said Mark Schirmer, Ford spokesman.

Rings so TRUE with me!

D
D
I like the exclusivity of the SVT, unlike say the SS Monte Carlo where they make more of those than base models. Doesn't matter to me I guess, since the SVTC is no longer in production.

Silver E1
I'm afraid Speed Demon has given me the mod bug.
AIM: Davo7Wins
A
A
Quote:
Originally posted by Davo7SVT:
I like the exclusivity of the SVT, unlike say the SS Monte Carlo where they make more of those than base models. Doesn't matter to me I guess, since the SVTC is no longer in production.
Well look at the BMW "M" or the AUDI "S" models. IIRC they are sold at all BMW, and AUDI dealerships, but yet they are still considered exclusive.

-Antonio

99' SVT
86' Toyota Pickup Beater - Tha Daily Driver
P
P
Quote:
Originally posted by Antonio Wright:
Quote:
Originally posted by Davo7SVT:
[b]I like the exclusivity of the SVT, unlike say the SS Monte Carlo where they make more of those than base models. Doesn't matter to me I guess, since the SVTC is no longer in production.
Well look at the BMW "M" or the AUDI "S" models. IIRC they are sold at all BMW, and AUDI dealerships, but yet they are still considered exclusive.

-Antonio[/b]
True, BUT, Audi and BMW are also luxury nameplates and there really isn't anything under $40k for either of them new (except the s3 which you can't buy in the US)

It might be in ford's best interest if they want to compete with the german marquee's like that to have SVT work on vehicles in one of their luxury divisions (lincoln?) or even make Mercury a niche label like that

-Pete

Every time I come online I wonder if the forums will be up
T
T
I think it's too late for Ford to turn Mercury into anything more than it is...namely chromed up Fords. They have so much potential in the LS. Just cut some weight, get some european handling in it, and another stable full of ponies under the hood.

Ride: 2000 T-red SE
Beats: Kenwood 316S, Alpine MRF200, Orion XTR 6.2, Coustic 400SE
Mods: CTA, Magnaflow exhaust, SVT Instrument cluster, Knuaberized doors, side markers, F***ed up painted headlights.
R
R
But do you really think that the SVTF is going to get that many people to buy? I don't! It's performance is not that impressive IMHO. And styling...what styling? I think they need something new and different(car-wise) to get peoples attention. The SVT Focus is NOT a strong enough car to be the center piece of Ford's push to put SVT on the performance car buyer's short list!

Rice is just a matter of money. How fast do you wanna look!

99 Contour Sport SE MTX
KKM filter, B&M shifter
No res, BAT kit, Aussie Bar
H
H
the focus might cuz it'll steal the sport compact sales from the civics and stuff. ford is trying to play catchup. they missed the sport sedan segment and killed the contour. now they are trying to cash in since fast and furious came out and every ricer screaming naws and eurotaillights.

...and yes, I did SEARCH first before asking.

AIM:omegazodiac

95 gl
99 contour svt #1750/2760
built 4/6/99
black/tan
plates, not personalized (###-REV)
amsoil series 2000 oil & filter~amsoil tranny fluid cocktail~tint: 35% windshield/front doors,20% rear window/rear doors~black oval/rear strip~nyceboi rear emblem~aussie grills~hella led sidemarkers~piaa superwhite low's~piaa extreme reverse lights~door dingless (knauberized)~hood liner removed~black '95 sail panels~trunk cargo net~mondeo hood struts~ford racing red 9mm wires~autolite double plat plugs~jensen hu~recontented dash clock(it rocks)~clifford ag4 security
C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by RT and his SE:
But do you really think that the SVTF is going to get that many people to buy? I don't! It's performance is not that impressive IMHO. And styling...what styling? I think they need something new and different(car-wise) to get peoples attention. The SVT Focus is NOT a strong enough car to be the center piece of Ford's push to put SVT on the performance car buyer's short list!
personally i wouldn't worry abot the focus.I work for a ford dealership,two days after we had the SVT focus on the showroom it was sold.

BTW: ford did make use of the LS...have you looked at the new t-bird recently.it's the same car except for the body.

91' civic sedan.iceman CAI
O
O
Not to mention the SVT Focus is better than all of it's competition out there right now.. They've got a winner on their hands, and they know it. Ditto for the Cobra and the Lightning.

The arguement about the M's and S's sold at all BMW and Audi dealerships is kind of moot, considering how few BMW and Audi dealerships there are to begin with. I have 2 Audi and 2 BMW dealerships in a 50 mile radius. There are about 25 Ford dealerships in that same radius.

Link Copied to Clipboard