Next Thread
Print Thread
#339936 08/05/02 06:52 PM
R
Ray Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Okay.. Look people..

I don't like to apologize to people when they ASK for it.. It isn't that I am not sorry..(I truly am..) It is just that I don't like to play into them..I also want people to know that if I come up with the words to say I am sorry, that they are truly heartfelt, and sincere...

This is the same reason I don't like it when people run up and say "Guess what... It's my birthday!!" like.. "C'mon.. I need you to make me feel better..." screw off, guy.. y'know? I will, eventually, come up to them, to wish them a blessed day, but I do it when I FEEL that I want them to have a nice day.. not as a protocol.. When I do say it.. there is no question in anyone's mind as to whether or not I meant it.. I am a sincere person, and I say things when I mean them..

You guys keep bashing moonlight for his public Lance "betrayal". Truth be told.. yes.. he was in the wrong, I believe... but... You also state that you would likely not believe him either way, even if he DID apologize... no win situations... you are trying to make him do it, and then not ready to drop it, even if he did..

You (when I say you, I mean the collective... not an individual, and not EVERYONE..) also state that his wrong-doings prompted the bashings, and an apology is a pre-requisite to stop the hating, as he needs to be mature... well.. be mature enough to drop it, even if he doesn't apologize... ignore him, dislike him, or whatever.. but "I will continue to pick on you, until you are more mature" just doesn't cut it...

Anyone an tell you, as well as having read my signatures, lately, that we (Moonlight and I) haven't exactly seen eye-to-eye at ALL... but.. I did step up to the plate an apologize.. when I was READY... and MEANT it... and in a way that I knew the sincerity wouldn't be questioned..

Bottom-line: Leave the guy alone.. He will apologize when he can/will/feels like it/means it. It is HUMAN NATURE to correct your wrongs... Until then, you are only backing him into a corner, like an escaped dog. Your options are to scare him INTO apologizing, through threats, or allow him to do it on his own... and I am sorry.. but no matter HOW scary you are, or how threatening you can be.... across the cyber-space, you lose every bit of it.. afterall, you are limited to a maximum of 47 keys of a keyboard.. and how scary is THAT? not very.

Don't force someone to not be sincere, just to hear what you want. Let him learn, and if that ends up being the extremely hard way... use your "20-something and up" perspective to GUIDE him, since we all se things so differently than he seems to, or so you say...

just my .02, sorry for SUCH a long post!

---As always, any statements I have made are free to be made fun of, copied, or changed, as it doesn't really matter to me..----

BTW: Moonlight... my bad, and my apologies to you.. Clean slates?

Ray

Check out my car!! (Profile Registry)

Have a Nextel two-way? check out my registry for my number!

Ray Haralson
Jacksonville, FL
s_r_haralson@sar.med.navy.mil
srh@texas.net

YIM: midnghtflm
AIM: midnghtflm

NEWEST MOD: a BEAUTIFUL girlfriend for my one and only passenger.
R
Administrator
Administrator
R
Hey, how about we keep these sort of "no hard feelings" or "I hate you, you hate me, so let's agree to disagree" type posts to either PM's or email.

It's all about balance.

bcphillips@peoplepc.com

Link Copied to Clipboard