Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#339677 08/04/02 02:54 AM
N
N
Ah yes, must be nice to have 2 cars, almost getting a third, all paid for by your parents. I may only be 16, and my parents may have bought me my first car, but it's a '91 Cavalier frown folks. At least it gets fairly nice gas milage while going from A to B, as to save up for the Contour yet smile ......

And hey now, Cavalier's aren't THAT BAD, well, until the like 2004 models come out...

[Edit] I got my first page OWN3D!!! YEA laugh

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen." - Albert Einstein

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein
#339678 08/04/02 05:05 AM
P
P
Moonlight,
I won't rip on you for what you said to lance. However I will express my discontent for your mom offering to buy you a new bravada. I have no problems with parents buying their kid a 1st car. They want to get them something reliable and safe usually, so fine, a Volvo 240 wagon with a 4-speed manual fits the job, oh yeah and it's DEAD SLOW. I was lucky to have my mom buy me my first car. Like many young guys (virtually everyone I know who is my age has totalled at least 1 car) I totalled my first car. After that (my mom got money from the insurance company) I had to pay for my own cars. To me this is a very valuable lesson.

There are far too many spoiled kids in this country who have had their parents buy them nice new cars. One kid I work with just got a 2002 Jeep Liberty limited, another one a 2000 A4. Where I go to college there are tons of spoiled Long Island brats who act like they are better than everyone. These parents are the same ones who buy their kids fast and expensive cars but take no accountability for what they do, anyone remember the post about street racing a few weeks ago? (MB, and Vette totalled a Jeep GC). Some people might say I am bitter, and I am.

-Pete

Every time I come online I wonder if the forums will be up
#339679 08/04/02 05:44 AM
M
OP Offline
M
OK, my first car (drove it for about a month right when I got my license) was the 1990 Pontiac 6000 S/E AWD that my mom ordered brand new in late 1989. My mom has her vehicles, so the 6000 was just sitting in the garage. After a month, and a new alternator, and computer later (cost nearly $1000)(the car had been sitting in the garage for quite a while, so of course things needed repair on it) my great Aunt, or my moms aunt, decided she didnt need her car anymore (83 years old, can't drive, and her kids basically ABUSED the Mystique). The Mystique is a nearly fully loaded LS V6 (Only options it dosent have is leather, sunroof, and CD player...then again, my sig says that) with only 60K miles on it. She said that she would sell it to me for only $5000, so on September 23rd, 2001, the car was MINE! I've driven the Mystique mostly since then (the 6000 occasionally, so that dosent sit and rot...) and now it has 85,000 miles on it. My mom was only thinking Bravada because she's always thought they were cool (she likes different cars, ones you dont see everyday) and she wants me to have a 4WD vehicle for winter (always worries that I'll get stuck or something...) So those are my "two vehicles" I wouldnt exactly say the 6000 is mine, just I dont want to get rid of it because it holds ALOT of memories...and I'm afraid that someone would just buy it as a beater car anyway. heck, my dog died in the passenger seat of that car! And yeah, a 15 year-old with a 40K Bravada seems like alot, but I have a 15 year old friend whose parents bought her a 2002 Suburban 1500 LT. (They have 3 2002 Suburbans, mom's, dad's, and their daughters, if you can think of a bigger waste, tell me). And about me being "glad" that my dad is dead, there's alot more behind that that you don't know, won't know, and have no business whatsoever knowing, so just keep your nose where it belongs, and I'll do the same with your private family life, alright?

YOUNGEST CEG MEMBER smile
1995 Mystique LS V6 ATX, Moonlight Blue Clearcoat Metallic, Atlantis blue cloth. Fully loaded except leather, sunroof, and CD.

1990 Pontiac 6000 S/E AWD
Brilliant White with 2-tone Gray leather, fully loaded
#339680 08/04/02 02:01 PM
S
S
While I don't agree buying a 15 year old kid an expensive car is a good idea, hey, his mommy has to live with herself and his lazy a$$.

My problem with Moonlight is his absolute refusal to apologize to Lance and the CEG community for his tirade.

Those of you that think he's matured are missing this point: Sure, we've all said things we wish we could take back. But a mature person steps up to the plate, says something like "I said something wrong, I'm sorry, I regret it, I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me."

Its about the lack of remorse. That's what a judge takes in to consideration when sentencing a criminal. I think a lot in this community think the same way and have sentenced him accordingly...

"I'm here for a good time, not a long time."

'96 GL Zetec ATX
Bucketloads of miles
#339681 08/04/02 02:43 PM
O
O
Get the Bravada, enjoy it, and forget about what these people on here are telling you.. Most of it is jealousy. You're a straight-up idiot if you decide to keep the Mystique.

#339682 08/04/02 03:03 PM
R
R
Quote:
my great Aunt, or my moms aunt, decided she didnt need her car anymore...The Mystique is a nearly fully loaded LS V6...She said that she would sell it to me for only $5000, so on September 23rd, 2001, the car was MINE!
$5000 cash? Was it really yours? I remember you saying before it was hard to get a job being that you were only 15.

Quote:
My mom was only thinking Bravada because she's always thought they were cool (she likes different cars, ones you dont see everyday) and she wants me to have a 4WD vehicle for winter (always worries that I'll get stuck or something...)
That's typical. I've seen more 4WD cars stuck in the ditch than passenger compacts. 4WD=False sense of security.

Quote:
And yeah, a 15 year-old with a 40K Bravada seems like alot, but I have a 15 year old friend whose parents bought her a 2002 Suburban 1500 LT. (They have 3 2002 Suburbans, mom's, dad's, and their daughters, if you can think of a bigger waste, tell me)
Trying to keep up with the Jones' eh? So if everyone else is doing it, then it must be ok to be wasteful?

Quote:
And about me being "glad" that my dad is dead, there's alot more behind that that you don't know, won't know, and have no business whatsoever knowing, so just keep your nose where it belongs, and I'll do the same with your private family life, alright?
If I lived on your block, you'd be the last person I'd want to know, trust me. Spoiled a$$ kids like yourself are a waste of time for me.

:Waiting for the day you wise up and have to earn a buck:

#339683 08/04/02 08:40 PM
D
D
Quote:
Originally posted by Ghosst:
Quote:
Originally posted by Davo7SVT:
[b]Moonlight, I hinted a bit of Canadian in you, and I just saw you're from Fargo so I wasn't surprised. That air blows strong from the north.
You're one of those dumbasses that think it snows in July here, aren't you?[/b]
LMAO You must be one of those who get really pissed when someone makes a remark about Canada, showing the insecurity...

Silver E1
I'm afraid Speed Demon has given me the mod bug.
AIM: Davo7Wins
#339684 08/04/02 08:44 PM
G
G
The gene pool is a little thin in your neck of the woods, isn't it...

Aside from the idea that hicks like you are capable of reproducing, is there anything in particular I should be "insecure" about because I'm just not feeling nervous...

#339685 08/04/02 09:16 PM
D
D
Quote:
Originally posted by Ghosst:
The gene pool is a little thin in your neck of the woods, isn't it...

Aside from the idea that hicks like you are capable of reproducing, is there anything in particular I should be "insecure" about because I'm just not feeling nervous...
LOL Ghosst, you must get picked on all the time because you have all these great comebacks. There is never a need to resort to name calling...

Silver E1
I'm afraid Speed Demon has given me the mod bug.
AIM: Davo7Wins
#339686 08/05/02 12:31 AM
G
G
This is hopeless, you're unarmed...

Oh, and BTW, calling me insecure is name-calling... :rolleyes:

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard