Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#339667 08/03/02 10:18 PM
D
D
I agree with all the people saying it's wrong to blast the kid for having cars handed to him. I didn't have to pay to drive until I was 18. I wasn't allowed to pick what I drove, but it got me from point A to point B.

I also agree that he has matured, bringing up unique topics and such (I liked the "backing in" thread). But he'll always have that cloud hanging over him, where he said he was leaving and he'll never come back because of all the injustices and war crimes Lance committed on us.

Silver E1
I'm afraid Speed Demon has given me the mod bug.
AIM: Davo7Wins
#339668 08/03/02 11:40 PM
R
R
Quote:
I agree with all the people saying it's wrong to blast the kid for having cars handed to him. I didn't have to pay to drive until I was 18. I wasn't allowed to pick what I drove, but it got me from point A to point B.
Not paying for what you drive when you're younger is fine, I wouldn't expect my future children to buy their own cars right away. Having a brand new luxury vehicle bought for you, especially when you already have two cars (Which you most likely didn't pay for) and you're trading one of them in, is an issue, and is ridiculous to boot. Like someone else had said, Exhibit A, B, C, and D as to what is wrong with kids today.

#339669 08/04/02 12:07 AM
A
A
Quote:
Originally posted by Rynn:
Quote:
Not paying for what you drive when you're younger is fine, I wouldn't expect my future children to buy their own cars right away. Having a brand new luxury vehicle bought for you, especially when you already have two cars (Which you most likely didn't pay for) and you're trading one of them in, is an issue, and is ridiculous to boot. Like someone else had said, Exhibit A, B, C, and D as to what is wrong with kids today.
Whatever, The only thing I see wrong with the matter is the you and others are complaining about it. You claim this his nothing to do with him blinging, but yet you keep responding. Rynn, put the hateraide down man. You might have a heartattack or something worrying about which car he is going to get next. :rolleyes:
-Antonio

99' SVT
86' Toyota Pickup Beater - Tha Daily Driver
#339670 08/04/02 12:42 AM
S
S
Just like what has been said, a publc apology to Lance for a public bashing of Lance is what most are asking for as a pre-requisite to the hating to stop. I don't personally know Lance, as most of us don't either, but he HAS created an invaluable site with loads of useful info. and more importantly, a "place" where you can go and feel welcome and enjoy the comaraderie of fellow car enthusiasts. (BTW, good job on the Bravada decision. For that kind of $$$ there is much more substance of car out there.)

Mushu's pretty cool too!

98 Black/Blue SVT
#3829 of 6535
#339671 08/04/02 12:50 AM
S
S
I agree with Antonio...He is a good man, and he knows what he is talking about, and I am just like Antonio to, in the way of my parents helpin me a hella lot of times!! I dont think I could do half of the things I could do now if it were not for them, hell, the tour would be in the garage waitin for me to scrounge up a couple hundred bones to pay for the freggin thing and get if fixed, and I wouldnt have been able to buy a cheap new car to be my daily driver until I fully fix my tour and do to it as I want!!

So I give thanks to my parents, maybe this is his parents way of helpin him out... who knows, I dont, and neither do any of you.

'95 Tour LX
ZETEC MTX
TOO MANY MODS TO LIST ANYMORE!!
http://www.geocities.com/marine113

Best mod ever to my tour: A Beautiful passenger seat filler, that is my Beautiful Girl!!
#339672 08/04/02 01:22 AM
E
E
wow you guys are harsh... but here goes.
My parents bought me my first car "1978 Chevy Nova" (and my 7 siblings too) this is his second car. Yipee for him if his parents are offering him a car.(2nd or 3rd) who are you to tell him or his parents what to do.. I fully intend to purchase my kids first car.. some families have traditions..I am now on my 5th and 6th vehicles, both owned and paid for by me.. I know what it is to work for something, offering someone a leg up isn't a crime, don't judge it as so...
Moonlight, enjoy your life, work hard, smile..

-I don't have time to hate, I have time to live.

99 Cougar V6 Tourmaline Green: MTX, KKM, Borla Dual...
#339673 08/04/02 01:26 AM
J
J
As someone who had to buy all of his cars, I guess I see it differently.

I certainly don't hate him for getting a new car from Mom and Dad, but I do know from my experience, that I was very good about taking care of my car, because it was my sweat that paid for the car, the repairs, the fuel, insurance...

Well you get the idea.

My 3 year old will probably also buy her first car. A tough proposition, given my 12 year old step daughter may have a car given to her.

TB

Tony Boner
Personal: 98cdw27@charter.net Work: tony.boner@sun.com
Saving the computer world from WinBloze as Unix/Solaris/Java Guru http://www.sun.com
1998 Contour SVT Pre-E1 618/6535 Born On Date: 4/30/1997
Now with Aussie Bar induced mild oversteer.
#339674 08/04/02 01:27 AM
G
G
Quote:
Originally posted by Davo7SVT:
Moonlight, I hinted a bit of Canadian in you, and I just saw you're from Fargo so I wasn't surprised. That air blows strong from the north.
You're one of those dumbasses that think it snows in July here, aren't you?

#339675 08/04/02 01:45 AM
M
M
Quote:
Originally posted by MystiqueSVT:
As for ripping on his parents for buying their kid an expensive car....Why? You know nothing about this kid.....you know nothing about his parents....so how dare you judge him!
This is the same "kid" who publicly stated that he was glad his father was dead!
Well I'm so sorry if he has it rough growing up. I guess none of you did. If you read any of his post he comes off like a pompous a$$. And I for one am sick of it. I can personally say that yes Lance & Christy are my friends. Please leave.

Maybe if everyone had read your posts in "other branches" they might not be so quick to forgive.

solefood rocks!
Dandridge is the most sophisticated blonde ever!
I luv my hubby!

http://hightowerperformance.com/
#339676 08/04/02 02:28 AM
R
R
Mushu, thank you. At least I know someone can see between the lines smile

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard