Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#339657 08/03/02 06:36 AM
D
D
How about apoligizing to the community and Lance for your comments? You could do that right now.

Doug former owner of a 95 SE MTX
Now driving a Bravada, no more fun in the twisties!
DrGonzo767@aol.com
#339658 08/03/02 06:40 AM
J
J
To think you were even CONSIDERING the Bravada, and at $700 p/mo to boot!

Do you realize you can get a Boxster for $500 p/mo????? eek

Jonathan
98 SVT E0 #4290
#339659 08/03/02 05:50 PM
E
E
I dunno man, smokin the cheeba and downing some beers isen't exactly trouble.

2000 Ford Contour SVT
Born on 01/19/2000 @ 2:23 PM
Black / Prairie Tan
#1694 of 2150
FOR SALE: SVT E1 WHEELS W/ RUBBER, PM ME IF INTERESTED.
#339660 08/03/02 06:32 PM
A
A
Quote:
Originally posted by Jonny V:
To think you were even CONSIDERING the Bravada, and at $700 p/mo to boot!

I don't think his parents would allow him to get a boxter.

-Antonio

99' SVT
86' Toyota Pickup Beater - Tha Daily Driver
#339661 08/03/02 07:29 PM
T
T
Quote:
Originally posted by Antonio Wright:
Quote:
Originally posted by Jonny V:
[b]To think you were even CONSIDERING the Bravada, and at $700 p/mo to boot!

I don't think his parents would allow him to get a boxter.

-Antonio[/b]
Depends on the temper tantrum he throws.

Ride: 2000 T-red SE
Beats: Kenwood 316S, Alpine MRF200, Orion XTR 6.2, Coustic 400SE
Mods: CTA, Magnaflow exhaust, SVT Instrument cluster, Knuaberized doors, side markers, F***ed up painted headlights.
#339662 08/03/02 07:34 PM
R
R
All I gotta say is man, you're spoiled as hell. I don't care if I made $250,000/yr, if I had kids I'd die laughing if they asked me for a brand new car, especially a car that has a $700/month payment. Unless they were paying for it themselves, there's no way I'd even go for that. I don't think that a 15 year old kid needs a brand new car like that, especially if they're not paying for it. First of all, the kid will be spoiled and expect their parents to buy him/her another new car if they wreck it/get tired of it. Don't believe it? Then you obviously haven't spent too much time around kids like that, or you have the same spoiled mindset. Secondly, if you pay for your own car and work for it, you'll appreciate it more, and not be so prone to wreck it. (Which goes with the above).

Bottom line, get that silver spoon out of your mouth and join the real world. Also, an apology to Lance and the CEG would be nice as well.

#339663 08/03/02 07:50 PM
A
A
Quote:
Originally posted by Rynn:
All I gotta say is man, you're spoiled as hell. I don't care if I made $250,000/yr, if I had kids I'd die laughing if they asked me for a brand new car, especially a car that has a $700/month payment. Unless they were paying for it themselves, there's no way I'd even go for that. I don't think that a 15 year old kid needs a brand new car like that, especially if they're not paying for it. First of all, the kid will be spoiled and expect their parents to buy him/her another new car if they wreck it/get tired of it. Don't believe it? Then you obviously haven't spent too much time around kids like that, or you have the same spoiled mindset. Secondly, if you pay for your own car and work for it, you'll appreciate it more, and not be so prone to wreck it. (Which goes with the above).

Bottom line, get that silver spoon out of your mouth and join the real world. Also, an apology to Lance and the CEG would be nice as well.
Okay, I for one am tired of all you guys ripping the hell out this young kid. So, what if he is "loaded." How does this effect any of you guy's lives? You people really need to stop drinking the Hateraide.

I am kinda of the position he is. My parents have helped me out ALOT, but I still know the value of working hard. This guy is only 15, so he is ALOT to learn. Let him experience it, but I guess he is learning something very important... No matter what you do you will always have haters.. :rolleyes:

-Antonio

99' SVT
86' Toyota Pickup Beater - Tha Daily Driver
#339664 08/03/02 07:59 PM
R
R
Helping your kid out and spoiling the crap out of him, especially when he has two cars, is WAY different.

Quote:
Everyone's going to rip on you until....well...you just go away. Berating Lance because you didn't have it your way gets you lifetime clowning. Deal with it.
Truer words were never spoken. That's what he's done to deserve our "Hateraide". Also the fact that he's never owned up to it or apologized, as well. (And if he does, I can vouch that many may not believe the sincerity.)

#339665 08/03/02 08:19 PM
P
P
Moonlight, I would have respected your "ripping Lance a new ass" if you really stuck to your words and NOT returned. Not that I agreed with you, but just on principle alone. But you stayed and kept posting, like it never happened. You have officially become the "CEG Whipping-Boy". Lance, can you change the name on his posts? That would be all too fun.
A word of advice: Never rub it into a groups face that mommy buys a vehicle for you. People that work hard and earn their cars tend to get irritated. It is called "Human Nature". Maybe mommy should buy you a Mocking Bird...

Oh, and BTW... Lance is right about the Off Topic. While I enjoy it, it turns into a three ring circus and I lose sight of the reason that I am here... Oh, yeah.. My SVT.

Po-Jay

Ghetto Mods Galore!
Quaife-CenterForce Clutch-Butterflies Rmvd and Replaced again-Bassani Exhaust w/custom "Y"-Pipe-33% of Mystery Mod-Pro M 75MM MAF-BNoon Optimized SVT TB-B+M Short Throw-ES Front Engine Mount-Some Aesthetic Crap-
Blood,Sweat,Tears
Do I hear the Fat Lady singing?
98 E0 Silver Frost (Is there any other color?)
172HP 149TQ W/Bad A/F Mix
#339666 08/03/02 10:02 PM
M
M
Ok...I've had enough of this too! Some of you guys need to really lighten up on this kid.

Remember, he is a teenager and does not have the ability to see things from our 20 something and higher perspectives.

Yes...I wish I could have had a new car when I was a teenager, I never got one. Well, this kid can. Be happy for him!!

As for ripping on his parents for buying their kid an expensive car....Why? You know nothing about this kid.....you know nothing about his parents....so how dare you judge him!

Maybe his parents grew up poor and want their children to have the best things possible in life? Maybe not.......the point is.....you can't tell people you don't know how to raise their kid!

My point here.....he is young.....he made a mistake.....now move on! mad Sheesh!

95 Mystique LS Young America edition, V6, MTX, Yeah...it's stock. Now with new underhood wiring!!! My Profile
Moderator of the Florida Contour Enthusiast Group
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard