P
P
Quote:
Originally posted by MarkO:
Quote:
Originally posted by javaContour:
[b]Dust Ruffles or Pillow Shams
confused [/b]
Sadly, I know what they are, I sold them at a department store I worked at for awhile :rolleyes:

anyway back onto this off-topic. I think you might want to talk to her about this whole thing ASAP. If your bedroom set (or part of it) you are emotionally attached to, than by all means put your foot down. I am unsure how long you have been with her but it seems it's not fair in terms of the financies or otherwise. If you aren't on the same mental plain as her it might be wise to shop around, in the long term when you get older it's a good idea having someone you can have a deep conversation with.

take my advice with a grain of salt, I have basically been single for the past 3 years or so shocked

Kim, I am convinced you must be a woman in a man's body (no offense)

-Pete

Every time I come online I wonder if the forums will be up
A
A
Quote:
Lived over 30 years without a China Cabinet, Dust Ruffles or Pillow Shams, then I got married.
ROFLMAO, Tony!!

I never realized the way that window valences can set off a room just so until I got married!

Thanks for the laugh.

Rynn-
What's the positives with your lady? From what I hear on this post, I fear for your future. Behaviors (i.e. spending money) can be worked on over time. Attitude issues (not caring about your feelings for grandma and her gift, not wanting to be bothered with using her brain) are not things that are usually going to change, and issues with the attitude will rear up over time as you come across new situations in your lives together. Question is, can you deal with this?

Wish the best for you,

Jay

F
F
Quote:
Originally posted by Pete D:

Kim, I am convinced you must be a woman in a man's body (no offense)

-Pete
lol none taken I guess.
er did you mean to say a man in a woman's body?
I mean, I'm not THAT mannish looking...

Kim
2001 Mercury Cougar C2
1995 Contour GL
Quote: Originally posted by shotwell:
Yeah, I keep checking too. I'm afraid that just as the site goes down my car will burst into flames or something (knocking rapidly on wood)!
I'm sorry to hear about your current situation. But like people have been saying, put your foot down and explain that your bedroom set it fine. And on top of that, it's special to you. That right there is enough reason to keep it.

1999 CONTOUR SE SPORT
2001 HONDA CIVIC LX SEDAN
- 1.7L 5 Spd
- '02 SI RIMS
- Reverse Indiglo Gauges
"Biblical principles work, there are no exceptions."
www.geocities.com/jesusfr7282000
http://www.7thgencivic.com/members_rides/member.cfm?id=5895
D
D
Quote:
Originally posted by D Davis:
Okay Rynn, here's my opinion:

Wife - These are tougher to deal with. They're securely in the door and they know it. Once you say "I do" you lose about 70% of your ammo when disagreeing. If you disagree too much, you'll lose about 70% of everything you have owned, own or hope to own in the future.

HTH smile
oh man, this is roflmoa... :p only because its true.

On another note, women are money grubbing, and always want to spend your money, unless they truely respect you. I only know this because all my ex-girlfriends wanted me to spend money on them except one, and that one is still head-over-heals for me )even though I hardly spent a dime on her.

Q: What's 2 inches wide, 5 1/2 inches long, and drives women wild?

A:The dollar bill.

99 SE Sport MTX SilverFrost Duratec
R
Rynn Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Ok, update! smile

I sat her down and told her calmy and firmly that if there was a good reason for us to throw away a perfectly good bedroom set and/or sell it to buy a used, but bigger and more "fancy" one, with money we don't have, to tell me right there. (Insert 1 minute silence). That pretty much ended that discussion right there, as she couldn't really give a good reason.

Of course, the "not wanting to learn anything" problem will always be there. :rolleyes:

D
D
when i first read this, i began to think.. "hmm.. she might be blonde?? doesn't wannalearn and pay attention" (no offense). But then she wants to buy thing that are not needed! shesh. My g/f used to try and do that a lot with me, but i told her we need to save up. Especially since we gettin a kid. Sure we have our hobbies, and stuff that we like, but we need to cut down. If you want it, you give a good reason why we should get it. Especially since i pay most of the freakin time. Well.. just my .02

Give me more beer and CEG before i get depressed!

AIM/AOL: DBZ Jr
A
A
Quote:
Originally posted by Rynn:

Just for reference, this is the same girl who says she doesn't want to watch shows on the Discovery Channel, History Channel or TLC because she has to learn stuff; she wants to watch TV shows where she doesn't have to pay attention to it or think about. Why watch TV if you're not going to pay attention to the show???
Be leery of anyone who disses out on watching Shark Week to watch crapola.

Pull the ripcord while you can! laugh

Andrew
99 SVT
M
M
Quote:
Originally posted by javaContour:

Pillow Sham:

http://sewing.about.com/library/weekly/aa021299.htm

TB
Those 2 sites are more disturbing than anything on rotten.com

'98 Mystique LS V6 MTX