Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
M
M
Quote:
Originally posted by Odysseus:
Quote:
Originally posted by Mani:
[b][QUOTE]]mm... You really think they are jealous?
Do you know how many people INCLUDING INNOCENT PEOPLE the U.S. have killed in the middle east...
I suggest you go read a bit before talking from top of your head...
U.S. has done way more things to all those countries and thats what happens when you piss off people not exactly when they get jealous!
I'll bet you life in Iran and Iraq was much better than life in the U.S. about 40 years ago... Let me think again maybe the U.S. was jealous shocked :rolleyes:
Let's go back 55 to 60 years when all of the Middle East could have been speaking German if it wasn't for the U.S. and the Allies!!!!!!

:rolleyes: [/b]
Good point Ed...

-Rob- '98 E0 Contour SVT #897, T-Red. FOR SALE: '98 E0 CSVT #2663 SilverFrost; stock & in very good condition. $7,800
KKM & BAT Intake Pipe, DIY cool air intake, Resonator deleted, TH fix; short shifter, rear spoiler, hood struts, fog mod, pre-98 sails, dings removed, A4 side-markers, clear head-light corners, T-red chrome front & back. Aussie Bar waiting for installation.

"Monkey is my business...and business is good!"
J
J
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by MonkeyBiz:
[b]
Quote:
[b]I know this will piss off a lot of you but why doesn't the U.S. just mind their own business and live happily like any other country in the world. I don't see Canada get attacked by terrorists like the U.S.... I wonder why??? :rolleyes:

Canada can afford to sit back and be fat and happy because it has the United States living next door. If Canada would like to take the lead role in defending the Western Hemisphere from (formerly) Communism and (currently) Islamic fanaticism, be our guests. Defend Israel, secure petroleum access, support third world economies, mediate regional conflicts by way of putting Canadian troops in harms way, guard Tiawan from China, safe guard South Korea from Nort Korea, etc, etc. I would love the tax break.

By the way, how 'bout securing your borders. We're sick of all these friggin' terrorists leaking in to this country by way of Canada.

:rolleyes: [/b]
See... The biggest problem is you guys think your the cowboys! Nobody wants you to safeguard anybody do they? The U.S. takes side in each war and helps one out for its own sake... Lets say two kids are fighting for their own reason and you go pick one of them because he has a lot of toys and you can be friends with him (good oppurtunty right?) and then beat the other guy up. Is that fair? If you want to be the COWBOY why not help the both sides? Try to make peace? Whats with this bulls.hit you guys are writing here this is the funniest and SADEST stuff I have read! Once again your not gonna get enemies by just doing nothing!
Instead of being the COWBOY going around helping out other countries go help out the homeless in your own country, does that sound too hard to do? Or you get nothing out of it? Or you guys don't have any homeless? :rolleyes: [/b]
Hey, Einstein, we've ALREADY got enemies from past decisions and actions that the political and popular leadership of this country made years ago, be they right or wrong. Our financial and military support of Israel in of and by itself ensures that we will have certain Arab extremeist groups hacked off until the cows come home. I'm not even going into our reliance on Middle-Eastern oil, which given the importance to us and our avowed interest in protecting it further solidifies our position in Middle-Eastern affairs. Have we gotten ourselves into one HELL of a mess? Absolutely, and it's one that we are going to have to DIG ourselves out of.Notice I say dig, because we are in a hole over it already. Just sitting there at the bottom of it gets you nowhere.

Listening to Simon and Garfunkle and leaping through fields of daisys while talking isolationism, peace, universal harmony and being totally oblivious to the FACTS at hand might be fun and entertaining after a bad day at work, but it is about as bright and insightful as playing Russian Roulette with a loaded automatic when it comes to international policy that DIRECTLY relates to U.S. security.

Guess the last date we sat on our hands, played gentle, ignored data, intelligence and a number or warnings?

Next question...

JaTo
Overland Park, KS
JaTo@kc.rr.com

99 Contour SVT
#143/2760
Modded to Taste

00 Corvette Coupe
Modded to Haste
D
D
I think that if we do, we need support or approval many of the surrounding countries. Otherwise the whole thing might backlash.

98.5 Contour SVT
Kenwood KDC-MP8017 MP3/CD Player
Meaning of life is SOLO II
J
J
Quote:
Originally posted by Viss1:
Quote:
Originally posted by Joe:
[b]Consider this point of view?

http://www.geocities.com/iraqinfo/index.html?page=/iraqinfo/gulfwar/overview.html

Is this true? i.e. the setup?
Unless I'm missing something, the author is angry because:
- The US only defends its own interests, not necessarily those of other countries
- The US press didn't publish articles about how much collateral damage occurred during the campaign

The first point is true. The second is false (I remember getting angry at some of the articles that criticised the amount of civilian damage).

The author has no legitemate gripe. He's trying as hard as he can to justify his hatred for the US.[/b]
A large number of civilian casualties can be attributed to the despicable and disgusting practice of putting civilians right next to or on top of prime military targets, as Hussein did during Desert Storm. Having said that, war will ALWAYS produce some civilian losses, regardless. There's just no way around it.

As for the report on the depleted uranium issues, I would tend to agree with the author and sources. with as many rounds as we put into bunkers and tanks (most with depleted uranium heads for penetration power), there's bound to be some sort of environmental hazard there. I don't see spent reactor fuel rods being placed in parks and schools, so I'd definitely say the Iraqis have a legitimate gripe there. Shameful, but unfortunately probably very true.

I quite enjoyed the BS about Kuwait being the "economic aggressor" to Iraq. That and the gripe over the land and water dispute. Let's try some common sense here. At the time, Iraq had one of the largest militarys (definintely in the top 10) on the face of the Earth, while Kuwait had, oooooh, probably (and I'm making a rough guess here) about the 249th largest. During the Iraqi occupation of Kuwait, massive looting, mass rapings (on an unbelieveable scale) and a number of murders and other crimes were purpotrated on that country's population.

Ah, the benevolent and oppressed Iraqi government. :rolleyes: Christ, this article reads like trying to cannonize Gengis Khan...

JaTo
Overland Park, KS
JaTo@kc.rr.com

99 Contour SVT
#143/2760
Modded to Taste

00 Corvette Coupe
Modded to Haste
T
T
Never thought I'd find wisdom from a bumper sticker on a pickup truck, but here goes:

"Kill them all. Let God sort them out."
That is how I feel about Iraq. If you live there and don't want a 2,000lb bomb dropped on your sand castle, you'll start a revolution. Otherwise, you are just one more excuse to pull the trigger.

Ride: 2000 T-red SE
Beats: Kenwood 316S, Alpine MRF200, Orion XTR 6.2, Coustic 400SE
Mods: CTA, Magnaflow exhaust, SVT Instrument cluster, Knuaberized doors, side markers, F***ed up painted headlights.
A
A
Okay, I read this whole thread and there are good points from both sides. I would have to agree that the United States right does stick its nose into things we don't need too. It is funny that Bush is saying that IRAQ needs a change in goverment. That is like me coming into your house and saying I am the new father. See what I mean. On the other hand NONE of us know what is really going on. What you see on CNN, and these other news outlets are only a fraction of the truth. Honestly it seems to me that Bush is trying to get the American people as a whole to shift our focus away from the ****ty economy to IRAQ, because he can't fix the problems here. During the Gulf War we had every chance to kill his ass. How come it was not done then?? Oh well whatever happens if I am needed to fight I will, but I will leave it at this.

I don't mind being a pawn, just let me know what the game is.. and I believe we are ALL being used as pawns.

99' SVT
86' Toyota Pickup Beater - Tha Daily Driver
B
BP Offline
B
It's too late to butt out of the world's business. We have our roots to deep. We have no choice but to get involved someway.

Since that's out the way....I think it's possible for covert ops to complete the objective without sending the troops in for a ground fight. They will have to be there for clean up and to keep everything stable.

-Brian-
98 SE DTec MTX
C
Administrator
Administrator
C
Isn't it ironic that we are questioning the US foreign policy on a car site?? wink

The only reason we are building military bases, patrolling the arab nation's waters, and spying on them is to protect US interests. What is that? OIL

The real reason we even give a damn, is because we are still in the Cold War mentality, that we need to preserve our oil "reserves". We have plenty of oil to last us at least for decades. If we haven't found a better way of transportation by then, shame on us all.

Big oil companies and their lobbyists are the reason for all this nonsense. Not to mention the polititians that agree with them.

Sorry,

-Chris

-Chris Hightower-
-Hightower Performance Products, LLC

(Oo.«xx».oO)
o xxxxxxxxx o
B
BP Offline
B
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Hightower:

Big oil companies and their lobbyists are the reason for all this nonsense. Not to mention the polititians that agree with them.

Sorry,

-Chris
That's the whole jist of it right there. They should be ashamed of themselves for doing what they do to protect their investments. Most of them should be locked up IMO.

-Brian-
98 SE DTec MTX
C
OP Offline
C
OIL? OIL? Is that what you think this is about? Seriously guys, oil is just a part of it, yeah we have oil for decades and we probably would be okay. But I, for one, an not one to sit idle and wait for an attack which is bound to happen. What, did you think Saddam totally forgot about the Gulf War? Don't you think he'd be a bit vengeful at the U.S.? I know I would be a bit bitter at the country that kicked my ass in 100 hours!He going to attack, accept it! Who confused , now that is the question.

If I were president for a day, and I had to choose, I wouldn't give them an oppertunity to produce anything except white flags, I ask you all, how can you sleep at night knowing that there is someone out there who hates you, enough to kill his own family to get at you? I think that many of us have the mindset that it is all over there, and it won't happen here, WAKE UP and smell what Saddam is cookin! It ain't eggs and bacon! You all are intitled to an opinion, and I have mine, I don't care if we are the only nation left on the planet, why not "kill 'em all, and let god sort 'em out."

1998 Silver Frost Contour SVT #1031/6535
~a few mods~
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard