Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
OP Offline
P
I just bought my first digital camera "kodak dc3800". I think I'm going to buy the kodak pm200 photo printer so I can print my photos out. However, I know nothing about the kind of paper I should buy. There are a bunch of different ones on ebay, but I don't know what's good and what to stay away from. What kind do you guys suggest? I don't want to spend a fortune, but at the same time I don't want anything that is shatty. I'm looking for 4x6 because that's what I'll use most. Here is a link to the printer I most likely will be using. Thanks for any help you guys can give me with this as I know nothing about it. Vinny http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1369881686

Vinny " 2000 T-RED CSVT "
MODS: KKM
SHO-SHOP OFFROAD Y-PIPE
NO RES
-
-
I have a Lexmark Z42 and use Kodak Premium Picture paper.The pictures come out absolutley amazing,all the way up to 8x10.But that depends ALL on the camera.

Howard
1998 Silverfrost SVT #1612
June mods:
17" ADR RS Limited Limix Wheels
with 215/45/17 Yokohama AVS Sports
P
OP Offline
P
Thanks

SHO-SHOP OFFROAD Y-PIPE
NO RES
S
S
I've been using HP Premium Plus Photo Paper. Had good luck with it so far, plus I got a new HP printer yesterday...Photosmart 7350. One thing you might want to make sure of on that Kodak is how long the ink lasts on the photos...the HP I got is good for 65 years. It's an awesome printer, prints really nice pictures (4800dpi with photo cartridge) and is 17 ppm in text. It also has 4 memory slots for direct printing and it even lets you download the pictures onto the PC through the memory slot, it's very convenient!
The other thing to consider is the type of paper that resists water. I haven't seen it in retail stores but I know you can get it at computer shows and probably online somewhere. Photos on regular photo paper will smear if you get it wet so just be careful with it.

-Dan
1998.5 SVT "Black and Blue" #5292
See here for MOD list.
"Washing your car to make it rain does not work."
B
B
Hi, I have the same exact printer you were looking at on e-bay, the print quality is great, it just takes a real long time to print, about 8 minutes per 8'x10'

Black 1998.5 SVT #6157/6535
White HVAC overlay
Phillips Blue Vision Bulbs
Highbeams in the lowbeams
P
OP Offline
P
thanks for all your replys. As far as the time it takes, I'm not too concerned because I probably will not use it that much, and when I do it will most often be for 4x6 prints. I'm just glad to hear the print quality is good. Thanks again

SHO-SHOP OFFROAD Y-PIPE
NO RES

Link Copied to Clipboard