Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I had to get rid of my CSVT, too many problems staring me in the face that I can't afford. New engine, rebuilt transmission, among other things, so I broke down and finally got what I've been wanting for a long time.
I got a 2002 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab short bed. It's got the 5.3(327),3.73 rear gear, 4 doors, cd player, cup holder's that are far superior to the one's in our car's. Everything in this thing is put together extremely well, but the only complaint I have is that the front floor mat's are inadequite.
I stopped by the dealership on a Sunday, it was unlocked so I got to crawl all around in it, Monday I drove it with 5 miles on it, Drove it again Wednesday, Bought it Friday with 34 miles on it. I've put all the miles on it except for the first 5.

Just thought I'd tell everyone. I'm gonna miss the CSVT, but this is the best thing for me to do now. I'll by another CSVT someday, just not now.

BTW, anybody know of a good Chevy forum for me to hang out on if CEG does go down for awhile?

Thanks,
Mike

I have a dream, and that is a 69 Boss 302 with Jules Asner in it.
Current - 2002 Chevy Silverado
Former - 98 SVT E0 T-Red 4/4/97 #173 of 6535(so long girl, you'll be missed)
Congrads on the new truck Mike!
A few of my buddys here have them. Nice trucks!
If ya ever come home, look me up!
Tim..

"Talking is masturbation without the mess"...Our Lady Peace..

This is my car....
M
M
Nice! LS or LT? Does it have Autotrac? Silverados are the CADILLAC of pickups (well, except for the Cadillac pickup :p ) good choice!!!

YOUNGEST CEG MEMBER smile
1995 Mystique LS V6 ATX, Moonlight Blue Clearcoat Metallic, Atlantis blue cloth. Fully loaded except leather, sunroof, and CD.

1990 Pontiac 6000 S/E AWD
Brilliant White with 2-tone Gray leather, fully loaded
F
F
wow Mike, so shocked.
you f'in ruled at autox in your SVT though.
what kind of problems were you having?

btw, my dad just bought a 2000 Silverado Z71, same engine as you I believe.
it's pretty cool.
this is the nicest truck my dad has ever owned. poor guy.

Kim
2001 Mercury Cougar C2
1995 Contour GL
Quote: Originally posted by shotwell:
Yeah, I keep checking too. I'm afraid that just as the site goes down my car will burst into flames or something (knocking rapidly on wood)!
D
D
Good buy! I assume you got a 4x4, esp. out there in CO. You won't be sorry come winter. You WILL start jonesing for a quick car soon, though. I alreay am after 10 days without the tour!!

Doug former owner of a 95 SE MTX
Now driving a Bravada, no more fun in the twisties!
DrGonzo767@aol.com
OP Offline
It's the LS and it's not the 4x4 or z71. If I was to get all wheel, it'd be the z71. A white one at that, just cause I'd get it muddy and leave it that way. smile

Out here, it doesn't really snow that much to warrant getting a z71. Plus, I couldn't really afford one right now. I owed too much on the CSVT and had a lot to roll over. I owed 11,100(Rolled alot over from my other car) and got 4,000 for it. It had 145,000 miles on it.

It's an extended cab, LS, 5.3, automatic, 3.73 rear gears, locking diff, 3M clear bra, bedliner, Pewter Met. w/ dark graphite(?) cloth interior.

Kim, I was having all sorts of issues. I had just spent $1100 on a new oil cooler because it started leaking, which in turn got water in the oil and as soon as I got it back that evening it started knocking. I determined it to be a bad wrist pin which will eventually lead to a new engine or a rebuild. I was gonna have to rebuild the tranny soon too, synchro's going again. Also, it needs new half shafts and wheel bearings and the trunk leaks from a hit and run. All in all it wasn't cost effective for me to keep her anymore.

With the new truck, I've got a 7yr/72,000 mile warranty(covers everything except normal wear and tear items) that has rental car coverage, towing, 5yr/60,000 maintenence(oil change's and the like).

BTW, thanks for the SZ props.

Beside's, it's a Silverado. Those things run forever, I hope. wink

Tim, I'm thinking of coming home sometime towards the end of the year. I may be going to Saudi in Dec. for an AEF and I'd like to go home for a bit before spending up to 6 months over there. At any rate, I'll let ya know.

Mike

Kewl, I'm heading out to the sand land in March for a few. Hope to see ya before!

This is my car....
OP Offline
Sounds good man.

Ever been Shrimping before? Shrimp season runs from Sept 15 till Oct 15, may come home then. Wanna go?

Sure! Never done it, but a few of the guys in my old flight used to. I'm up for it!
I sure know how to cook 'em tho!

This is my car....
J
Joe Offline
J
Nice. It's a good truck.

How does it handle? "Like a rock"

Joe, 98 GL sport (V6 MTX)
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard